Reaction score
43657218_1108798095962674_2176182473442983936_n.jpg

lots of kicking with Johnny today :D
You got to tuck that thumb in buddy or you'll lose it

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
some boxing and some bad kicks lmao

Your boxing has improved a lot. You're shifting your weight when you throw now, better hip rotation, feet move when hands move. There is some elusive head movement now, and your positioning and distance is better.

You still need to tighten up your hooks, and your kicking game still needs work; but that **** doesn't happen overnight.

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeah agreed, definite improvement mate! Great work, and awesome to see that progress :)
After you have finished punching go either left or right don't go back to that same position you started.
This shows the difference that actual coaching makes. Huge improvement from your first video, especially for such a short time frame. Keep it up.
Noticeable improvement.

Footwork very much improved.

Keep working.....
Your boxing has improved a lot. You're shifting your weight when you throw now, better hip rotation, feet move when hands move. There is some elusive head movement now, and your positioning and distance is better.

You still need to tighten up your hooks, and your kicking game still needs work; but that **** doesn't happen overnight.
thanks y'all, i'll keep working hard
i have my first sparring today :)

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks y'all, i'll keep working hard
i have my first sparring today :)

You should def. video that. We want to see plus you can look back on it as your 1st sparring session...esp. if you become a bigtime fighter or something.

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
there was no sparring today, everyone just did bag work
coach said i'll get to spar thursday

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Great improvement bro. That was fun to watch, keep working!

Question - Do you have a left hook in your repertoire?

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great improvement bro. That was fun to watch, keep working!

Question - Do you have a left hook in your repertoire?
thanks a lot dude
I used a left hook at 0:33 and 1:10 in the vid :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
there was no sparring today, everyone just did bag work
coach said i'll get to spar thursday
Wait till you spar. If the guy you spar against is any good, that's the point where you realize just how much you have to work, and how helpful the bagwork is.

In my old dojo, and when I trained friends, the first sparring session would always be 1.5 minute rounds, where their goal is to get a 'clean' strike on me. Ton of fun (for me :D)

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wait till you spar. If the guy you spar against is any good, that's the point where you realize just how much you have to work, and how helpful the bagwork is.

In my old dojo, and when I trained friends, the first sparring session would always be 1.5 minute rounds, where their goal is to get a 'clean' strike on me. Ton of fun (for me :D)
i don't wanna spar someone weaker than me, i want a challenge dude
i really want to win even if it's just sparring, and if i lose i'll just work harder because i'd be very upset with myself haha

OP
Kaspow

Kaspow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There was nobody I could spar with today, coach apologised and said it's his fault
kinda sucks because i was super excited for it but coach said next week i get to spar 100%

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
i don't wanna spar someone weaker than me, i want a challenge dude
i really want to win even if it's just sparring, and if i lose i'll just work harder because i'd be very upset with myself haha
No no no no no no no

.....no!

You don't WIN or LOSE at sparring.

You LEARN while sparring.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
ok i will learn but i will also try to be better than the guy i'm just that type of person u know
Well then that's a very dangerous attitude. Sparring isn't about winning or losing its about learning and getting better. If you're just trying to win you'll be playing it safe and using basics because you'll scared of losing instead of trying new things which may not work but better to try them there than in a real fight. Honestly if you're sparring with someone who has experience you probably will "lose" but so what? What do you actually lose? Nothing but what you gain is knowledge and experience that's what sparring is for

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
ok i will learn but i will also try to be better than the guy i'm just that type of person u know
Primarily sparring is for sharpening timing and distance, but overall you should be focussing on all the technical things you have learned(how to not get hit) rather than landing more hits on the other guy.

The most important thing is to not break your sparring partner!

Latest Discussions