BBC documentary on UK martial arts history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtymeat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting: the Rise of Martial Arts in Britain" The documentary covers the cultural impact of Asian martial arts in the UK, beginning with Bartitsu circa 1900 and moving through to the Bruce Lee craze of the 1970s.

Last edited by a moderator:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just finished watching that. Very well done--thanks for posting it!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a thread of this already.

Unreal Combat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Sounds like a party game for a night out on the town where two ladies slap each other in the face with their jugs until only the victor still stands. Loser buys the next round.

Buy me a ticket. :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a party game for a night out on the town where two ladies slap each other in the face with their jugs until only the victor still stands. Loser buys the next round.

Buy me a ticket. :D

I think you need to look it up and see what it is and why it's important.

'Jugs'? there's really no need to be crude.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I really don't "need" to do anything.

Jugs? Crude? I could think of far worse words to have used. :)

On here they would have been blocked. MT is for polite discussion after all. This isn't a male sports team changing room.

Unreal Combat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
On here they would have been blocked. MT is for polite discussion after all. This isn't a male sports team changing room.

Ah I see. People with a sense of humour need not apply. :mst:

I'll bare that in mind for future discussion. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah I see. People with a sense of humour need not apply. :mst:

I'll bare that in mind for future discussion. :)

Is it so wrong then in your eyes that I don't like breasts being referred to as 'jugs'? Being a bloke I expect you think women should just put up with this and say they have no sense of humour about it?

Unreal Combat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Stop being a drama llama. It was a bit of fun over the name, aimed at the name, nothing more. :)

Now you can sit here and be overly vocal over a silly joke you didn't find funny, or you can discuss the documentary. What's it to be?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop being a drama llama. It was a bit of fun over the name, aimed at the name, nothing more. :)

Now you can sit here and be overly vocal over a silly joke you didn't find funny, or you can discuss the documentary. What's it to be?

There's already a thread for discussion on this. Men's idea of fun is obviously different from womens. yeah funnily enough there are women on MT, it's not just men.

Unreal Combat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Men's idea of fun is obviously different from womens.

Fortunately, because I'm not the sensitive type, I can take gender generalization with a pinch of salt. I would have hated to have been on the receiving end had I of have said something of equal merit to you however. :)

In all seriousness (checking that what British people really mean thread, haven't found a real meaning for this yet) my idea of fun is different from yours. It's certainly nothing to get worked up about, neither should you take it quite so seriously. Life is too short for that. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fortunately, because I'm not the sensitive type, I can take gender generalization with a pinch of salt. I would have hated to have been on the receiving end had I of have said something of equal merit to you however. :)

In all seriousness (checking that what British people really mean thread, haven't found a real meaning for this yet) my idea of fun is different from yours. It's certainly nothing to get worked up about, neither should you take it quite so seriously. Life is too short for that. :)

It means stop the hell using words women find offensive. You should note I'm not a soft Southerner and will say exactly what I mean, call my breasts 'jugs' to my face and you will get slapped down big style.

Unreal Combat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It means stop the hell using words I find offensive.

Fixed. :)

You should note I'm not a soft Southerner and will say exactly what I mean, call my breasts 'jugs' to my face and you will get slapped down big style.

So much for "polite discussion". :)

I'm not a soft Southerner either. You'll receive as good as you give. Equality and all that. ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed. :)

I'm not a soft Southerner either. You'll receive as good as you give. Equality and all that. ;)

Oh gosh another one trying............

Yes, I found it offensive and reported it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions