Bassai!!!

OP
JasonASmith

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
What rank is your teacher? What is your school like? I'm just curious because it seems like you are learning kata very quickly...

Regardless of how fast you learn them, practice them one at a time. Here is what I mean. You can run through the movements for each one and get a good work out, but when you sit down to actually practice the movements in a kata. Pick one and work it for a few months. Just focus on that one kata's applications.

Bassai is incredibly complex. There are alot of skills in it that take time to develop and these skills aren't something you can pick up by just practicing the kata's movements.

Slow down and you'll learn more...

See our website for the details, its: www.shotokaneast.com... the website is still rough, but the main details are there...
Once again, Sensei is NOT expecting us to get all of this, he's simply running through the movements and explaining why we do them in the order that we do them in hopes that the beginners and the less advanced students will get some insight into what we WILL be expected to know in our given ranks...
I am simply taking what I can from all of this...A good workout(mentally and physically), and a chance to see the kata that I will be expected to know in the future...Definitely not going to stress over these kata...yet...

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bassai is one of my favorite kata. I actually do Itosu No Passai though.

Latest Discussions