Banned from Martial Talk for a week!!

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am finding Martial Talk highly enjoyable and addictive! Unfortunately, I have a 4000 word essay to write as part of my continuing professional development at work, I am currently doing 3 hour driving lessons daily, training TKD 2 x a week and playing badminton 2 x a week! So I am starting a self imposed ban on my visiting this site for one whole week starting from now so that I can at least make a dent in my essay!

I am posting here to give myself motivation! I'm one of those that if I tell people I am going to do something I then have to do it! If I visit this site, view or post on a thread before Sunday 30th March 17.30hrs (UK time) then I am a very weak willed individual! I look forward to catching up and reading all your posts and threads next week.

Happy Training!!

Mark :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did this when training for my black belt test, too. You can do it - just turn it off - turn it off. LOL!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's not banned - that's self-imposed exile! Good luck with your essay.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck mun and well done for having the will power to take this course of action. See you when you get back.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the best on your essay and i hope you do not read this till it is finished:wink2:

OP
myusername

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm back! It was very difficult to stay away! My essay is pretty much completed so the self imposed exile worked! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been off MT for over a week due to a dead computer and it's BEEN AWFUL!
I use going on as a bribe, if I can get X,X and X done I can come on and spend time here with my mates!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D

I know exactly what you mean there, Irene :). MT is a great place for me at the end of the working day - it really helps me unknot the tension from my shoulders {well, usually :lol:}.

Latest Discussions