Balance

MuayThaiNoob

White Belt
Reaction score
I am new to Muay Thai. When I send out my kicks, it's kinda hard to retrieve them and I kinda lose my balance. Any tips?

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Take one of your shoes (tennis or running shoe)and place it upside down on the floor and stand on it (one foot on the shoe the other on the floor). With your other foot practice your kicks from start to finish very very slow.

Regards
Brian King

ProTaekwondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I had this same problem when I first started taekwondo and since I strike with my shins I may be able to relate well enough. With me I ended up just having to turn my foot I was standing on a little more and play with the positioning of my hips. Since you probably don't chamber your kicks it's different-although-I'm pretty sure in Muay Thai you are supposed to kick through the opponent and if you miss you'd spin around by the kick's force. Sorry for the possible ignorance.

Wayney_Boy

White Belt
Reaction score
Fortunate for me I have a swimming pool...now you don't loose balance in a pool but you can practice your form if you practice in water which will also build strength in your legs...just always remember to pivot and turn your hips. Most as like myself when I shadow box, do a full turn when kicking.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is common among beginners. As you train, you balance will improve, you kicks will improve and everything will just sorta fall into place.

Latest Discussions