Bail Out Automakers ... or let 'em fall?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
if you achieve it, then it isnt a journey/goal anymore now is it?

in point of fact, last night in class i was talking about Kenpo history, about Mitose, and why he went to prison, in particular and how the study of the martial arts can make you a better person, we are still human and so apt to have failings.

BTW-Cryo, I am a simple man, i use simple words, and try to live a simple life.

A man calls me a liar, like Dungeon did, no, i am not gonna be nice to him.

A man talks down to me, like maunakumu did, no i am not gonna be nice to them

A man post errant nonsense, like Bob0812 did, i am not gonna treat it like it was avalid, logical arguement.

And i might add,going out of ones way to make a simple ad hom insult? sort of beneth you. And it pretty much robs you of any right to say I am being rude.....

ya think?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Warning

A number of people appear to be turning this discussion personal. I suggest that everyone review both this site's rules and this sections rules before people lose access to this part of the site.

If you feel that someone is really annoying you, rather than get yourself booted, use the Ignore feature. If someone is crossing the line, report the post and let our staff handle the matter. Don't get a last dig in, you'll only get caught in the crossfire.

Problems? Contact a Steering Board member.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And i might add,going out of ones way to make a simple ad hom insult? sort of beneth you.

I apologise if you took it as an Insult, it was meant to be constructive criticism.

And it pretty much robs you of any right to say I am being rude.....

I dunno, I only have the rights I take for myself, until someone more powerful than me takes them away. But, FWIW, I never claimed not to be rude, nor that I was learning to be polite and moral, so...

ya think?

Once in a while. Sometimes I just act, and worry about thinking later. ;)

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nafta has nothing to do with what im talking about. You have USA car manufacturors importing their own product, so place a usa tax on the cars! Now I see your point if it was a canadian company importing cars into usa, than the free trade thing comes into play. But realistically your not trading between the two countries, your just bringing your product into your country! TAX TAX TAX until they move the jobs back!!!!!!!

The situation is more complex than that Amp, as with most free trade agreements, there is give and take. The Canadian branches were more expensive to run for the US manufacturers until a few recent factors, one being demographics, the population hence the work force got older which lead to crushing health care costs for GM, something they didn't face in Canada with universal health care.

While free trade in the auto sector may benefit Canada, free trade in energy exports benefits the US, a cheap and dependable supply of oil and gas means lower operating costs for US companies hence they are able to employ more people. If you tax, tax, tax the importation of Canadian cars, Canada will retaliate by manipulating the price of resources.

In all free trade is a benefit to countries of similar affluency, it is only when they offshore to really cheap labour markets (Canada isn't one of them), that a problem occurs.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

It's not talking down to someone to suggest that you take some time to stop and think about something. You CHOSE to take that as criticisim. You don't need to be so hard on yourself.

Merry Christmas, TF. Have a happy holiday, recharge, refresh and be merry!

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
if you achieve it, then it isnt a journey/goal anymore now is it?

in point of fact, last night in class i was talking about Kenpo history, about Mitose, and why he went to prison, in particular and how the study of the martial arts can make you a better person, we are still human and so apt to have failings.

BTW-Cryo, I am a simple man, i use simple words, and try to live a simple life.

A man calls me a liar, like Dungeon did, no, i am not gonna be nice to him.

A man post errant nonsense, like Bob0812 did, i am not gonna treat it like it was avalid, logical arguement.

And i might add,going out of ones way to make a simple ad hom insult? sort of beneth you. And it pretty much robs you of any right to say I am being rude.....

ya think?

Take a breath and focus on the holiday.

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
...A man calls me a liar, like Dungeon did, no, i am not gonna be nice to him...

Firstly, I did not directly call you a liar so much as said your postings contained lies (innacurate information or no information at all). Secondly, even if I did call you a liar, well guy, you have earned it in my eyes by directly calling me lazy or incompetent to hold a job or calling me a Shill...whatever a schill is, I am not familiar with that one.

In your own words below...

You may benefit taking your own advice. Some may read it as being a bit hippocritical.

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, I did not directly call you a liar so much as said your postings contained lies (innacurate information or no information at all). Secondly, even if I did call you a liar, well guy, you have earned it in my eyes by directly calling me lazy or incompetent to hold a job or calling me a Shill...whatever a schill is, I am not familiar with that one.

In your own words below...

You may benefit taking your own advice. Some may read it as being a bit hippocritical.

TF This is obviously a charged issue for you, but I've noticed how you react to most anything political especially when someone disagrees with you, and if I get another infraction for saying so be it...

You seem to have one mother of a persecution complex going.... I am saying that to troll you, simple observation. Stop blaming others and accusing others for doing nothing more than disagreeing with you, and take a deep breath and maybe look within.

That said, I repeat what I said before, focus on the holiday and Merry Xmas.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Warning

A number of people appear to be turning this discussion personal. I suggest that everyone review both this site's rules and this sections rules before people lose access to this part of the site.

If you feel that someone is really annoying you, rather than get yourself booted, use the Ignore feature. If someone is crossing the line, report the post and let our staff handle the matter. Don't get a last dig in, you'll only get caught in the crossfire.

Problems? Contact a Steering Board member.

Now please return to the subject of this discussion, which is not board policy, or who has what stuck up where.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know what you lot are arguing about...at least your government is looking to bailout American companies, look what ours is thinking about!

http://news.theage.com.au/business/british-govt-in-car-talks-with-jaguar-20081219-71sc.html
I don't get it, Tez. Jag/LR isn't a British company anymore. This would be like the US government giving a hand to Honda (which is doing pretty well, all things considered). Are you able to add any details that would help understand why the aid?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, Tez. Jag/LR isn't a British company anymore. This would be like the US government giving a hand to Honda (which is doing pretty well, all things considered). Are you able to add any details that would help understand why the aid?

The company still makes cars in the UK so it would be saving British workers jobs I guess. When the company was sold the government gave handouts to help.
Selling Jag/LR to a foreign company was so wrong inthe first place, not just because Jaguar is so English but because Landrover makes the vehicles for the forces and surely for security reasons we shouldn't have defence contracts given outside the country.

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
did i ask you for any advice?

didnt think so, but i wanted to check..........

nothing I said was factually wrong.

The reason the auto makers are in trouble is because they cant pay thier UAW contracts that include some TRUELY stupid and pork laden stuff.

declare bankruptcy, void the UAW contracts, and the big three will be fine.

Ironically you're not wrong, but your assumption of a monopoly of truth doesnt help your argument. Again advice, nothing more.

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
BZZZZZZZZ wrong answer, thanks for playing.

a great number of those jobs left due to the influence, which is to say GREED of unions.

THAT is a historical fact

Why would any company come BACK to the states, and deal with unions blackmailing them?

I wouldnt.

FACT:
A union worker for the big 3 costs $74 dollars an hour to employ

FACT:
That cost is passed on to the buyer

FACT: employees at non union auto plants only cost $43 dollars an hour.

FACT: that cost is passed to the buyer

FACT: unions have priced the big 3 american car makers out of the market

conclusion:

kill the unions.

That is all

Yeah, I'm the troll.....

Its better to burn out.........

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
:feedtroll

Are you accusing twin Fist of trolling or anyone who disagrees with him, as one who has been accused of troll, which is pure BS and bias, I am smelling a pattern of coddling fragile egoes at the expense of what could be a good discussion, Hubbard you heard me. Deal with it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh good grief.

You fought a War of Independance from us....so you could call each other names on the internet? :lol::lfao:

Nice one lads.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm the troll.....

Its better to burn out.........

Are you accusing twin Fist of trolling or anyone who disagrees with him, as one who has been accused of troll, which is pure BS and bias, I am smelling a pattern of coddling fragile egoes at the expense of what could be a good discussion, Hubbard you heard me. Deal with it.

This to Hubbard, EVERYTHING that is constructive criticism is taken as an insult, bias dully noted.

If you have a problem with the infractions you have been issued for your continued disregard of this sites posted rules (You know, the ones you agreed you had read and understood when you registered. Which makes you either a liar, or just stupid in my book) you are free to take them up with this sites Steering Board, as per our clearly posted Complaint Policy. Your flagrant disrespect for those rules, this sites staff, and ignorance of clearly indicated moderator warnings however, and lack of any contributory content, clearly earmarks you as a troll in my book.

I sent you a link to the rules. I strongly suggest you read them this time. Now either contribute to this topic, or shut up. Your ignorant rantings is little more than a continuation of your repeated thread disruption because you don't like something someone said.

Refute it with evidence, put him on Ignore, or shut up.

Latest Discussions