Baggiest/widest Taekwondo Uniform

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

For those that don't remember my background, I've recently (5 months ago) got back in to Taekwondo after a lay off and have piled on loads of weight, which is now thankfully coming back off...

The problem I have is that my doboks don't fit any more (actually, I can get in to them, but kicking would split them hulk style!).

So, does anyone have any advice for the widest/baggiest WTF-style Taekwondo uniform? I've got a number of adidas uniforms (most recently a Super Master one), I'm normally a size 6/200, but for the recent one I've gone to a 5/190 as they seem to be getting longer in the leg.

Anyway, any recommendations - and just to be cheeky, if anyone has a recommendation and actually has a size 5/6 uniform in that brand can they post some measurements (around the waist of the dobok top and trousers top and the width of a thigh of the trousers).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know the proper answer is "wait until you've lost enough weight then wear your normal ones", but I'm doing more teaching at the club trying to prepare 1st Kup upwards for their next Dan ranks and I'd like to be in a uniform when I do so.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually the J=3 by Tekno is the widest one that I know they cost alot but well worth the money

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually the J=3 by Tekno is the widest one that I know they cost alot but well worth the money

OK, has anyone got a size 6 or 5 J-3 that they're willing to measure the dimensions of? (particularly the width of waist/thigh areas and length of leg).

I'm not so worried about cost (that sounds boastful, but I don't mean it that way - just that finding a uniform that fits is a higher priority).

Cheers,

Andy

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, has anyone got a size 6 or 5 J-3 that they're willing to measure the dimensions of? (particularly the width of waist/thigh areas and length of leg).

I'm not so worried about cost (that sounds boastful, but I don't mean it that way - just that finding a uniform that fits is a higher priority).

Cheers,

Andy

Actually my student you all know here as TXBB has a size 7 so I can get those for you this weekend and let you know, just so you know TXBB can't even put on a Adidas do to how wide his shoulders are he is a big man about 6'1" and wieghs closa to 300 pounds

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pine Tree also has pretty wide legs and they are nice looking uniforms (in my opinion). There is an instructor at my school that is a big guy with big legs and he will only wear Pine Tree. I'll try to get him to measure the leg width for you.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I always try to go with larger uniforms and hem them up to appropriate length as opposed to trying to find one that is the right length hoping it will fit me other places.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
MooSulsa seems to run wide. I wear size 4 and feel like I am swimming in this uniform. I have an older Tekno and it is really not any different than my old Adidas. Don't have one of the J3s.

Miles

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I always try to go with larger uniforms and hem them up to appropriate length as opposed to trying to find one that is the right length hoping it will fit me other places.

That's a good point, particularly as this is a short term problem...

Cheers,

Andy

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually my student you all know here as TXBB has a size 7 so I can get those for you this weekend and let you know, just so you know TXBB can't even put on a Adidas do to how wide his shoulders are he is a big man about 6'1" and wieghs closa to 300 pounds

Thanks anyway Terry, but I think I'll probably go for the biggest Kwon uniform I can get and have it taken up in the legs/arms.

It's only a short-term (4 months I guess) problem so it doesn't need to be a great uniform.

Cheers,

Andy

woot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Kamikaze makes oversized uniforms. They're not WTF, but they are great uniforms. Probably won't help, but may be an option.

VoirPhoto.asp

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the link woot.

I've actually got a uniform that fits now from black-eagle.co.uk, it's been taken up at the ankles (far too long) then I'm ready to go!

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks Terry.

It'll be great to be back in a uniform next week. I've been back at the front/right position for a week (at my instructor's request) but it'll be better doing it in a dobok.

Latest Discussions