Back to the Vaseline...

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, by wednesday morning i'll probably be sweating irish cream. but i don't have gsp's six-pack either.

jf
Green beer, corn beef and cabbage will give one an unfair advantage in wrestling......but I don't think it'll make one 'unnaturally' slippery........just unnaturally flatulent!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is NOT what i expected from viewing the thread title...

jf

Dammit you got there before me!! disappointing ain't it!

Yes there are substances that you can take that will make you slippery,a lot of slimming 'aids' make you sweat excessively, I can't think of the name of it but I have known a couple of fighters use some stuff that made them more than slippery, it was disgusting but it's very obvious so you'd notice at the weigh in never mind the fight.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
:D I've just been sat here giggling like a schoolgirl reading this thread.

Where is Penn now? I'M going to give him a kicking based on that performance!

Probably back in Hawaii beating up tourists in bars with his buddies.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
ok, I didn't think it was possible.... but I just lost even more respect for Penn. He brought his mother to the NSAC hearing and she read a statement to the commission. Seriously.... he had his mother complain about this. How pathetic do you have to be as a man, much less a professional fighter to have your mommy come and complain about things after a completely one sided beating?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14292/pen...ierre-team-to-fullest-extent-of-authority.mma http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8406&zoneid=13

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, I didn't think it was possible.... but I just lost even more respect for Penn. He brought his mother to the NSAC hearing and she read a statement to the commission. Seriously.... he had his mother complain about this. How pathetic do you have to be as a man, much less a professional fighter to have your mommy come and complain about things after a completely one sided beating?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14292/pen...ierre-team-to-fullest-extent-of-authority.mma

UFC 102: Battle of the Moms!

Seriously though, this has to be hurting the future of his career in MMA, should have made his statement and complaint after the fight, then let it go. Commission would have taken over and made their decision, all he is doing now is pissing everyone off. Fans, promoters, other fighters...

Reaction score

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14292/pen...ierre-team-to-fullest-extent-of-authority.mma

His mother's statement read as follows: "I think my son is cool." :)

I'm a big Simpsons fan and for some reason I have this image of Penn as Millhouse who walks around saying; "My mum says I'm cool."

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow... he brought in his mom. I really don't know how that can help his status as an adult male, much less as a UFC titleholder. I want to make some kind of smart-*** joke about it, but this is pretty much a huge step into thing we might pool as "pathetic".

If the goal was to bring in an MMA promoter to support his complaint, couldn't he have gone with someone who wasn't his relative?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score

Okay, BJ Penn is now OFFICIALLY ordered to turn in his MAN CARD!

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
as the kid who used to have his mom pick him up from school in order to avoid bullies, i approve penn's actions.

jf

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
He may as well have ran out of the octagon after the fight screaming, "I'm telling!!!"

LordOfWu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wow, his mom...I don't really know what to say to that...I mean, really, his mom...geez

Latest Discussions