Back on the mat! :D

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
YEEESSS!!!!!

I took my first TKD class today since my foot surgery!!! Its a week earlier than I anticipated too!
It felt SO good to be out there! I was a bit wobbly doing Palgwe Yuk Jang but I hung in there! :) I was doing some of the 1 step sparring too but I didnt get thrown down, Im not that comfortable yet going down with an injured foot :(
Warm ups were hard because I cant quite do jumping jacks and I cant balance on my toes yet to do lunges, I still cant sit on my keens to do thigh stretches or foot stretches either...But I guess for now I will make do! :)

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Way to go! You'll be back in pre-foot surgery shape in no time.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good to know there's light at the end of the tunnel, Shelley. Hopefully each day it will feel a little better and you won't give in to the urge to go too fast.

I'm facing surgery to pin a toe break that hasn't improved for almost 3 months now. It will be a relief to get it fixed, but a pain to have to sit out longer and then rebuild the muscles. Hopefully I'll be back to dancing kicks by June.

Carl

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome back and don't over do thing to soon.

Happy training.

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everybody :)
Im definitely taking things slow, Im only going to go to class 3 times a week right now until I have more mobility.
I was finally able to put on a pair of sneakers yesterday...good thing too because it was rainy and cold and sandals just werent going to cut it! It was a snug fit because my foot is still slightly swollen but overall it fit me and was comfortable to walk in.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad you are back at it Shelley!

Is it me or does it seem like there have been a rash of foot/ankle/knee injuries lately?

Latest Discussions