Its been a while since I posted!!

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
How ya'll doing??

So in the months that I have been gone I have been training and training and been injured a few times and continued training...
Last Thursday I had foot surgery so Im out for about a month. I was lucky to have obtained my red stripe on my blue belt just before the surgery!
Im currently just practicing my snaps, action-reaction etc hand movements in my form just so I have less to remember and work on when I got back to training...but in the meantime Im going NUTS here! Just ask Bob H....He has seen me a couple times since the surgery and can vouch that Im antsy LOL!

i gotta admit I really like Palgwe Yuk Jang, I like the technicality of the form although Im having issues with balance due to my foot injury...not sure how my foot will hold up wehn I go back to training though...as I will have no feeling in the center part of my toe area because I had the nerves removed on either side of my middle digit :(
Right now Im hobbling around on crutches...I get my stitches out either Friday or next week...I cant remember but I still cant drive...sucks big time!

So how are all of you doing?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome back. don't rush things and hope you are back at full force soon enough.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How ya'll doing??

Oh, just more of the same. To catch you up, let me offer the following comment:

Your style sucks and you look awful in that hogu.

j/k! Welcome back! :angel:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back Shelley!!!!

Relax & heal up. I say that tongue-in-check because I've been battling injuries for 2 years & am only now training again.:ultracool

This is still a great place for your input & to learn. I'm glad you're back.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back Shelly and remember it takes time to heal the right way, beside this gives you alot more time to post here on MT.....

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Oh, just more of the same. To catch you up, let me offer the following comment:

Your style sucks and you look awful in that hogu.

j/k! Welcome back! :angel:

LMFAO!!!! I totally needed that laugh!!! I Do look awful in my hogu too hahahah!!! And my style...well it doesnt suck but my stances doooooo...you got a hidden camera on me when I train?? LOL!!

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be back in training by the end of March...I know that is the earliest I will be able to get back on the mat. Not sure how soon I can start doing calf warm ups though with the bouncing on my toes :(

In the meantime I am doing some upper body workouts with weights so I can still whip out my pushups and Im going to try to do some core work as well.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome back! Sorry to hear you're laid up. When I busted my knee up a few years back I did a LOT of creative visualization to keep up with training. When I was in PT and they'd stick me on the bike for 30 minutes to warm up (BOOOOORING), I'd mentally run through my forms step by step. I also did a lot of video watching and reading.

When I was finally allowed back on th emats months later...my forms were still pretty solid and I just had to focus on regaiining my mobility.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Peace,
Erik

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome back! Sorry to hear you're laid up. When I busted my knee up a few years back I did a LOT of creative visualization to keep up with training. When I was in PT and they'd stick me on the bike for 30 minutes to warm up (BOOOOORING), I'd mentally run through my forms step by step. I also did a lot of video watching and reading.

When I was finally allowed back on th emats months later...my forms were still pretty solid and I just had to focus on regaiining my mobility.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Peace,
Erik

Yes it helps a little. Some of my mat mates have been giving me tips here and there on how to stay focused and what I can still do to keep up my training from a chair :)
I have been watching my training videos as well and I am still able to help my daughter with her training. so that keeps me on my toes trying to remember her kata and her sparring and self defense as well :)

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have a bice recovery and take care of yourself, don't rush, try to heal well and then TKD ok?

Manny

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can still train.

You can certainly do some exercises and practice from a seated position.

You can also REVIEW your notes and other material. If you haven't already, write out your forms, for example. Make notes on the key elements to each kick, punch, or other technique. You'll be surprised at some of the details and little things that are important to remember and easy to forget.

Latest Discussions