Benefits of the USTC

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know we have alot of peoplle that have joined the USTC and was wondering what are the actual benefits that is offered by this group? What is it they actually due for you that is helping your school or yourself and students? Please lets not turn this into a negative thing but rather a inyelligent converstation about the USTC. Looking forward to some feedback and for the record I have read the entire website but wanted first hand responses from those that are a part of the org.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't offer any insight and I too would like to know.

I am attending the KKW Master/Anyone Instructor course and to my surprise they didnt require me to be a member.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't offer any insight and I too would like to know.

I am attending the KKW Master/Anyone Instructor course and to my surprise they didnt require me to be a member.

I like that Master/anyone thing but for the record I am just wieghing option about a few orgs and the benefits they bring to the table.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like that Master/anyone thing but for the record I am just wieghing option about a few orgs and the benefits they bring to the table.

Yeah, just my Jab at the whole 1st 2nd thing... another post...

But I too am curious. Almost by requirement, I am a member of USAT and USNTF. But I benefit from those orgs and they have something I need and offer....

With USTC becoming KKW USA, what will they offer that only members can have? In Korea, One only has to be a KKW holder to attend KKW functions, will it be the same with the USTC, or will they require a USTC membership to participate?

I did not attend the hangmadang. did you have to be a member of them to attend?

I am curious to know and want to see how things unfold.

Can anyone shed some light on these questions?

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, just something else that strikes me...

Basic Club Membership: $75.00 Yearly Dues

The clubs eligible for Club membership shall:

*Be bonafide clubs, educational institutions or other organizations of a permanent nature which are primarily promoting Taekwondo as a martial art and/or sport;
*Have a minimum of thirty-five (35) registered members or have a minimum of twenty-five (25) registered military members for a military Taekwondo club;
*Have an instructor who is a Kukkiwon certified black belt; and
*Have established a training facility which is used for the practice of Taekwondo.
*To be eligible to register as a USTC Club member, each club must submit an application for Club membership in a form prescribed by the Corporation, and a copy of the instructor's Kukkiwon certification.
The Annual application and Registration fee for a USTC Club member may be determined by the Board of Governor; annually.

Ok, so if you dont have 35 registered members, you cant register your club? So would a school have to force membership onto its students unnecessarily just to keep its club memebrship?
At least USAT says no minimum registered students for membership, only you only need that many to qualify for insurance... not just to be a member....

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am a member for this year. I joined because even though it was not required to do so in order to attend the Chicago KKW Instructor Course, I thought it was a way to show support for the organization. By my calculation, they made nothing on the Course and it may have cost them financially. I support the KKW's efforts to educate Taekwondoin and any group that does the same.

Many people have problems with USTC because of its President and his history. I don't know GM Lee and he doesn't know me. My point of contact with USTC has been GM Bruce Harris and he has been extremely good about responding to inquiries. From my perspective, that is a great thing.

My $0.02 FWIW.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My point of contact with USTC has been GM Bruce Harris and he has been extremely good about responding to inquiries. From my perspective, that is a great thing....

I'll second that. He must have a blackberry cause i send and email and within minutes he resonds.... I like that.

Latest Discussions