Attack of the Killer Trolls.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have read posts here on MT that was obviously not true or contradictory to what was said by the poster previously. I have had a few minor scrapes while on MT myself and I have got carries away from time to time. But if you know the person is lying why bother continuing the conversation. If they are giving erroneous advice then correct it. I see no reason to chase someone around because I simply have not got the time.

I have said this way too much here, but I owe my first MA teacher a lot when he instilled in me that if you can avoid a fight then avoid it. Which leads me to why go looking for one? The lair, fraud, troll, will eventually go away if they are not listen to or taken seriously, but if you make them the object of attention they will stay whether that attention is positive or negative.

And I could be wrong, but I do not think this approach will ruin my reputation.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would hate for Bob to shut this site down because of a few rabble-rousing knuckleheads. For me, this is one of my best places on the web to visit to discuss the MAs. I've been around here for a few years and I've learned a lot about MAs other than my own. Hopefully I too have enlightened other Martial Artists here about my own art... :asian:

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow. This has gotten big. If nothing else, this particular thread reflects what an educated debate on any subject should look like...two or more highly regarded and knowledgable individuals, a few peanut-gallery sitters (myself included) and a whole bunch of bystanders lurking in the wings.

This thread is an example about what is so great about MT in the first place.

My 2 bits

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that most Troll's eventually show their colors and get banned. If not they take so much abuse that eventually they just go somewhere else. We have enough experts here to call out most of these trolls and rip the carpet out from under them. :rofl:

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trolling on here doesn't seem as bad as some I've seen on other sights. On one site I have been on for years we have one or two persistant trolls who are actually vey abusive, racially as well as personally. The problem we have debated for a while now is when someone posts up something racially abusive we are advised to ignore it and the troll will go away. A few of us however feel that such comments should be challenged, we don't know how many young and impressionable people log on to read the forum and we don't want them thinking it is okay to say these things but it is true that without further comments the trolls will probably give up. The other problem is one of free speech. By allowing these people to post (if it gets really bad the mods will track them and ban them) we are allowing people to post stuff we find objectionable but it is their point of view and while we don't think we'll ever change their minds we hope it will cause others to think carefully about their own views. It's an odd situation and I'm wondering what you guys think of it?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that most Troll's eventually show their colors and get banned. If not they take so much abuse that eventually they just go somewhere else. We have enough experts here to call out most of these trolls and rip the carpet out from under them.

Very True..I have visited the other sites and joined a few...Here is where I have the most fun..If they think it's better let them leave and see for themselves..

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The trolling on here doesn't seem as bad as some I've seen on other sights. On one site I have been on for years we have one or two persistant trolls who are actually vey abusive, racially as well as personally. The problem we have debated for a while now is when someone posts up something racially abusive we are advised to ignore it and the troll will go away. A few of us however feel that such comments should be challenged, we don't know how many young and impressionable people log on to read the forum and we don't want them thinking it is okay to say these things but it is true that without further comments the trolls will probably give up. The other problem is one of free speech. By allowing these people to post (if it gets really bad the mods will track them and ban them) we are allowing people to post stuff we find objectionable but it is their point of view and while we don't think we'll ever change their minds we hope it will cause others to think carefully about their own views. It's an odd situation and I'm wondering what you guys think of it?
Here, posting racial cracks usually earns one a visit from the banstick and a vacation. Differing points of view are a good thing, but we do try to insist that the disagreement stays under a certain heat level.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most parents send their children to martial arts schools to learn "discipline, respect, courtesy and self-defense ...." They do so assuming that people who teach martial arts have learned these tenets and can set good examples for the youngsters to follow.

Conversing without insults, according to the policies set forth by the owner, demonstrating common courtesy and engaging one's discipline to refrain from counterattack all exemplify what most people consider to be the hallmarks of martial artists.

Speech can be void of insults, racial epithets, physical challenges and still be free.

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Killer trolls. What kind of statement is that?
All trolls kills.

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Please read this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

This will help you understand the meaning.

Thanks, and it could be true to say that i am troll. But i was not trolling.
The reason for my reaction is that statement which equated "those who we don't like".
Mixing between trolls, and no trolls.
That means you will give yourself the right to prevent anyone who you "dont like" from speaking. (troll along with no trolls)
I have a nickname in another forum, GrandOrk (article says orks and trolls are the same).

I would basically not have anything to do with you as long as you dont prevent the real stuff. (Arm yourselves with whatever you like, but do not disarm me)

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
There is an old saying "if it is similar to a fish, smells like a fish, taste like a fish, it must be the fish." There is a sure number of senses to say to the difference between a troll to align and someone that more best does not know hardly. One of those is when they are sharp to the truth, but chooses to make the contrary, in any case. You have been instructd apparently. Hour, the action appreciate it.

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There is an old saying "if it is similar to a fish, smells like a fish, taste like a fish, it must be the fish." There is a sure number of senses to say to the difference between a troll to align and someone that more best does not know hardly. One of those is when they are sharp to the truth, but chooses to make the contrary, in any case. You have been instructd apparently. Hour, the action appreciate it.
I dont understand that which i have boldened. Can you explain it to me?

What truth?
You give me a bunch of words and tell me to read them. Because i cant read everything, you automatically get right.
Is that not why i am one among "i dont know how many" who says that it is wrong? (Or am i the only one making trouble? - No, wait. that is the same) Or am i wrong because i say you are wrong?
Or am i wrong because you say i am wrong.

It is a fact that a troll is a troll, and a no troll. Is a no troll.
However, i made clear in another post.
Because then the fools of them would mess it up, while the higher ranks pays the consequences. (this perspective)

As a matter of fact, there is a ton of reasons to judge you to be wrong. And you judgment that is so sharp as you claim, cant see that. However, because you cant see, that doesnt mean the other does not see.

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
The rules start here.
Read them.
You have now been pointed at what you must comply with.
Please obey.

Your posts make little to no sense. Engaging in a battle of logic here would be futile, as one must understand logic in order to understand the logical patterns made in such discourse. One may continue to argue, however when ones footing is on unstable ground, the end result is the law of gravity. One must fall. As a Master of Time and Space, a Mastery of Logic is unquestionably part of the equation. But what my dear combatant, is the sum of the square of the hypothosis? Now that, is the question.

Your presence here is the responsibility of a disruption in the pattern of the fabric of space-time. An error of coding in the matrix of all things. Your continued existence in this plane is totally dependant on your ability or inability to conform to the conformation levels required by this otherwise stable and progressive community of forward thinking carbon based life forms.

Have I made myself clear or do we need to stick a fish in your ear?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The rules start here.
Read them.
You have now been pointed at what you must comply with.
Please obey.

Your posts make little to no sense. Engaging in a battle of logic here would be futile, as one must understand logic in order to understand the logical patterns made in such discourse. One may continue to argue, however when ones footing is on unstable ground, the end result is the law of gravity. One must fall. As a Master of Time and Space, a Mastery of Logic is unquestionably part of the equation. But what my dear combatant, is the sum of the square of the hypothosis? Now that, is the question.

Your presence here is the responsibility of a disruption in the pattern of the fabric of space-time. An error of coding in the matrix of all things. Your continued existence in this plane is totally dependant on your ability or inability to conform to the conformation levels required by this otherwise stable and progressive community of forward thinking carbon based life forms.

Have I made myself clear or do we need to stick a fish in your ear?
I have read the rules.
And how about ... THIS: [29.25] And he said: You have only taken for yourselves idols besides Allah by way of friendship between you in this world's life, then on the resurrection day some of you shall deny others, and some of you shall curse others, and your abode is the fire, and you shall not have any helpers.

And asking a question is not the same as giving an answer (giving an order for that sake).

Your presence here is dependent on my presence.
I dont care how many carbon-copies you add, they are an illusion like it is popular to say. And you will never be right even if. (though, quantity can beat quality IF. - I say you need a very high quantity for that matter)

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator
Yeah.
You go ahead and stick by that rule. I will stick with it too, but i'll give you something to chew in addition.

Mustafa Mahmood
Ah....Super duper troll

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
I have read the rules.
And how about ... THIS: [29.25] And he said: You have only taken for yourselves idols besides Allah by way of friendship between you in this world's life, then on the resurrection day some of you shall deny others, and some of you shall curse others, and your abode is the fire, and you shall not have any helpers.

And asking a question is not the same as giving an answer (giving an order for that sake).

Your presence here is dependent on my presence.
I dont care how many carbon-copies you add, they are an illusion like it is popular to say. And you will never be right even if. (though, quantity can beat quality IF. - I say you need a very high quantity for that matter)
The inability to understand simple discourse and follow social dictates by those in a position of authority is one of the crowning signs of trolldom. Your continued blathering about allah in the midst of threads that have nothing to do with religious discussion are another sign of it. This is a martial arts forum, not a religious one. Discuss your imaginary master in the proper area where those who care can debate with you. Some of us, do not care, and your continued off topic comments again, prove you to be a member of that most despised race, Forumus-Trollius. Your kinds extinction, would be a satisfying pleasure.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The inability to understand simple discourse and follow social dictates by those in a position of authority is one of the crowning signs of trolldom. Your continued blathering about allah in the midst of threads that have nothing to do with religious discussion are another sign of it. This is a martial arts forum, not a religious one. Discuss your imaginary master in the proper area where those who care can debate with you. Some of us, do not care, and your continued off topic comments again, prove you to be a member of that most despised race, Forumus-Trollius. Your kinds extinction, would be a satisfying pleasure.

EXCELLENT POST!!!!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
The first step in ignoring a bothersome person is clicking on their username, locate the "Ignore so-n-so" button (next to the "add so-n-so" to friend list button), make sure the little box has a check mark in it to be able to ignore them, and press the save button. You will no longer have to see what that person has to say, unless you choose to remove them from your ignore list.

Second step in the process of handling a bothersome poster, is by simply moving your mouse over to the upper right hand corner of their post. You'll see a small white triangle with an exclamation point (!) in the middle of it. This is called the "Report to Moderator" button. You have to type what rules of MT they are breaking, and the moderators will therefore promptly look into the bothersome post, and will take care of it as they see fit.

Either way, these two functions saves a lot of raised blood pressures, headaches, whatever, and everyone is still happy in the end.

Latest Discussions