Apparently Global Warming is Offically Over now.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, Tez, and I thanked you for that. You were not one of the two people being puckering *******s because I asked the question, so thank you again.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries. The argument over global warming is a legitimate one but at the moment the concern over the sexual abuse of children is more important I think. It seems we have had a 'celebrity' peadophile ring, mostly based in the BBC for a considerable time, it seems too that major political figures as well as 'stars' are caught up in this. The police have over 300 cases concerning just one 'celebrity, a couple of others have been arrested and are on police bail. It's a huge story and the concern with the Fail is that while reporting on it they are also promoting the sexualisation of underage children. I dont want to downplay your thread and concerns over global warming but how we view children is perhaps more important, because it won't matter about the climate if we damage our children so much they cannot function properly as adults.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know what? Show me where I said "Look at this credible story from this obviously Republican Foriegn Newspaper"

Oh wait you CAN'T because what I said was:

Keep your shorts on.
Certain papers just are on that level. Even if they manage to get a few good articles out now and then, they get lost in the swamp.

We got a notorious paper like that in Germany. 'Man put girlfriend through the meat grinder. BILD spoke with the meat loaf'
Now and then they have a good article....but the filth you have to wade through to find them? ungodly.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wake me when there's a consensus among on scientists on global warming, reflected by peer-reviewed research. Oh wait...there is! I'll ignore the newspaper articles for now, then.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wake me when there's a consensus among on scientists on global warming, reflected by peer-reviewed research. Oh wait...there is! I'll ignore the newspaper articles for now, then.
You understand there was a consensus for centuries that the planet was flat and/or the center of the universe. How did that science work out?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, the first one is a myth - don't know why it persists as even in Biblical times it was known/theorised that the earth was a sphere.

The second was something promulgated by the Church and it took the bravery of some intelligent thinkers to challenge the clergy and eventually overthrow that Man-is-the-centre-of-Creation tradition.

Now it is true that Science is a process - it is the best way of explaining our perceptions of how things are with the observations that we have now. That is why it evolves. Why it works is that the core rationale is that any claims must be subject to testing and be capable of accurate predictions (which is where the present climate models fall down as they cannot help but be rough approximations).

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You understand there was a consensus for centuries that the planet was flat and/or the center of the universe. How did that science work out?

Eh...a consensus among on scientists, reflected by peer-reviewed research.

And the belief that there was a widespread belief in a flat earth is counterfactual. It's part of the Christopher Columbus myth.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the article...

Others disagreed. Professor Judith Curry, who is the head of the climate science department at America’s prestigious Georgia Tech university, told The Mail on Sunday that it was clear that the computer models used to predict future warming were ‘deeply flawed’.

Even Prof Jones admitted that he and his colleagues did not understand the impact of ‘natural variability’ – factors such as long-term ocean temperature cycles and changes in the output of the sun.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh...a consensus among on scientists, reflected by peer-reviewed research.

And the belief that there was a widespread belief in a flat earth is counterfactual. It's part of the Christopher Columbus myth.[/QUOTE]

The one that says he found America?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Well it was not really a consensus for centuries. the Greeks were fairly certain around the 6th century BC, that the earth was Spherical. You can blame Pythagoras for that but Herodotus, Plato and Aristotle all said the same thing later.

More on that

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I haven’t commented here because the title

Apparently Global Warming is Officially Over now.

First gave me this reaction :lfao:

For the record, not poking anyone with a stick and not yanking anyone’s chain

You cannot turn something like Global warming on or off like flipping a light switch. It is something that, once it gets going it will continue for a while, eventually slow down and then you end up in a cycle of global cooling., but it does not come to a screeching halt.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just had to post these because I think they are really a good way to show exactly how global warming doen't work when you are talking about it ending

Good example of what this suggests has happened with Global warming and showing exactly how it doesn't work can be seen at 6:50

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry, I am having trouble posting links again so I had to make this one another post

Possibly a better example of what is being suggested and what Global Warming, or cooling for that matter, doesn’t do might be this one starts at 7:07 ends at 8:15

Last edited by a moderator:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The World Bank has warned the planet is on track to warm by four degrees Celsius this century - causing increasingly extreme heat waves, lower crop yields and rising sea levels - unless significant action is taken to cut greenhouse gas emissions.In a major report released ahead of the year-end United Nations climate summit in Qatar, the bank says changes associated with four degrees of warming would have dramatic and devastating effects on all parts of the world, including Australia, but that the poor would be most vulnerable.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/environmen...tter-planet-20121119-29l3c.html#ixzz2Chc7ftzp
i don't think there is any argument among reputable scientists that global warming is occurring. The debate is over the cause, natural or man-made and what can be done, if anything, to reduce it. :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i don't think there is any argument among reputable scientists that global warming is occurring. The debate is over the cause, natural or man-made

There's consensus that there's anthropogenic global climate change--though there are certainly other processes at work also.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Some ways the Globe gets warmer

Large Volcanic Eruptions
Sun Spots
Earth Axis Shift
Earth Orbit change
Increase in Carbon dioxide emissions
Massive amounts of Deforestation,
Increase in usage of chemical fertilizers

Problems

Rise in sea levels worldwide
Weather pattern changes
Larger more dangerous storms
Massive crop failures
Widespread extinction of species
Disappearance of coral reefs
Warm weather disease move further north
Population issues do to shrinking landmass above water

Bottom-line here is that it really does not matter whose fault it is, it is happening. What matter is can "WE" do anything about it and/or can we or our cultures (global) survive it if we cannot do anything about it

But let’s not forget global warming does not mean the entire surface of the globe gets warmer, the mean temperature raises but it does not get warmer on every single square mile of the earth. Some places get warmer, some do not change and others get colder. But overall more get warmer than cooler.

Or we can continue to discuss whose fault it is and I will see you all at my beach front home Valdosta Georgia…well maybe not me and you… but our kids and or grand-kids

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

BD, There is Science and then there is Propoganda. Now science is based on theories. Theories are tested by running experiments ( or not) and collecting Data. Once the data is collected it must be analysed. or Interpreted if you are heavily invested in a particular outcome. The King and Church strongly urged scientists to interpretted any findings of such experiments to Support the church and rulers policies of that day. Or face the rack. No pressure. So, lets not confuse science and propoganda.

( I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself. I am a slave to my passions. :s58:

Latest Discussions