Anyone know this song?

Eubrontes

White Belt
Reaction score
I was looking at this great video of Master Higa performing Patsai kata:
and I recognized the song in the background: when I was very young, I studied Matsubayashi-ryu for a few years, and during that time, Master Shoshin Nagamine came in to NYC for a demonstration (late 70's). He performed some form of dance to this song, I believe. Is anyone familiar with it?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was looking at this great video of Master Higa performing Patsai kata:
and I recognized the song in the background: when I was very young, I studied Matsubayashi-ryu for a few years, and during that time, Master Shoshin Nagamine came in to NYC for a demonstration (late 70's). He performed some form of dance to this song, I believe. Is anyone familiar with it?

Thank you.

I am not. However, you might try contacting the person who posted the video and asking them. They might have embedded the music themselves, and hence would know what it was.

http://www.youtube.com/inbox?to_users=mccarthysensei&action_compose=1

Last edited by a moderator:

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
This song is very familiar to me. It is Karate Do Sanka and we sing it with my Sensei every time I go to Okinawa or he comes state site. My understanding is that the song was created by an Okinawan karate association. Not sure which one. I also have my students sing this song. It is great!!!

OP
E

Eubrontes

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Chinto01. Appreciate it.

Latest Discussions