Another religious joke

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hope no one takes offence, my boss gave me this one and I found it quite funny!

There was a monk who lived years in the monastary transcribing scriptures. One day a new young monk came to the monastary and started to transcribe the scriptures. He became concerned and went to the old monk and said "Brother, I have noticed that we transcribe the scriptures from copies instead of the originals, why is that?"

Well the old monk told the young man that the original scriptures were way to valuable and that handling them day after day would damage them.

"But Brother," the young man exclaimed, "what is someone has made a mistake over the years translating from copy to copy, how can we be sure that these scriptures are true?"

The old monk thought about this for a while.. the young monk had a point so to silence him and ensure that they were transcribing the right thing the old monk decided to go down into the vaults and check for himself.

Hours later the young monk became worried and concerned when the older monk did not return. He decided to go down to the vaults and find the monk. Fearing the worst he started walking down the stairs. He then heard loud wailing coming from the vault. The young monk ran to find the old monk crying uncontrollably...

"Brother! Brother! What is wrong?"

The old monk looked up and exclaimed "It says, CELEBRATE!"