Another Perspective - Same Conclusions

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
I hate tournaments, and depending on how you count and who you believe, there are more 7th's than that.

Ummm, it was satire. I have only seen one list on Mr Whites site many years ago. Is there now more lists- nevermind apparently there are, my bad.

So are you really turning down my suggestion to participate in the Greatist Kenpo event ever? Hate can be a great motivater... (picture groucho marx raising eyebrows several times, but only with the correct timing signature)

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK I admit I used to. My favorite saying was, "Please to meet you youngman - I have a shotgun and a shovel, and I ain't afraid to use either one of them."

I've since softened my stance and just want them to mary someone with some bucks who won't beatemup, inspite of the temptation I know they're going to have.
Excellent saying, sir...
Mine is: "You're not allowed to date until your married"

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey now, if you keep posting you just may get me out from lurking behind in the shadows:) . Nice to see you back on here.
Oh yeah, we'll have to trake some things apart and compare notes- been a long time. It will be fun. I'm even gonna put some web site thing up with some clips or maybe just U tube it- dunno yet. I guess well put up Mr. Raineys Version of 2 man set with me and my teacher. Gonna head up to Seattle May 2nd so shortly that version can be shared. Should a pm you but forgot how to.

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we'll have to trake some things apart and compare notes- been a long time. It will be fun. I'm even gonna put some web site thing up with some clips or maybe just U tube it- dunno yet. I guess well put up Mr. Raineys Version of 2 man set with me and my teacher. Gonna head up to Seattle May 2nd so shortly that version can be shared. Should a pm you but forgot how to.

Tell Asa I said to answer his phone.

Wes Tasker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
OK I admit I used to. My favorite saying was, "Please to meet you youngman - I have a shotgun and a shovel, and I ain't afraid to use either one of them."

My Pekiti Tirsia instructor (a NY court officer) has a colleague who would answer the door to meet any potential sutor with his gun clearly visible. He would then have the young man write his name on a thin label. Then he would peel the back off the label and wrap it around the shell of a 9mm bullet and put that on the mantle. Only then would he engage in conversation about curfew etc.

-wes tasker

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My Pekiti Tirsia instructor (a NY court officer) has a colleague who would answer the door to meet any potential sutor with his gun clearly visible. He would then have the young man write his name on a thin label. Then he would peel the back off the label and wrap it around the shell of a 9mm bullet and put that on the mantle. Only then would he engage in conversation about curfew etc.

-wes tasker
Seems reasonable to me if I had daughters.
icon12.gif

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes sir! Ya' know he calls you Sifu. That must be going waaaayyy back.

Yes, when he was actively training with me back in the mid- sixties, Ed Parker was in his Chinese Kenpo phase so "Sifu" was the order of the day. I can't honestly remember him calling me anything else.

We've talked recently but he stays pretty busy. Calls me when he's in town. I always know when its him because he always says, "Hello Sifu, how are you sir." He's still the humble gentleman I knew when he was actively studying with me. I'm still his Sifu. What a great guy.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, when he was actively training with me back in the mid- sixties, Ed Parker was in his Chinese Kenpo phase so "Sifu" was the order of the day. I can't honestly remember him calling me anything else.

We've talked recently but he stays pretty busy. Calls me when he's in town. I always know when its him because he always says, "Hello Sifu, how are you sir." He's still the humble gentleman I knew when he was actively studying with me. I'm still his Sifu. What a great guy.

My teacher was down recently I and I showed him some video of Chuck Liddel... You see I study interesting people intensely. At first he said something like who is this guy? More or less disapproving but as he watched longer and longer he came to a similar conclusion. Mr. Rainey. Hence the term Hands of Ambiguity.

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
My teacher was down recently I and I showed him some video of Chuck Liddel... You see I study interesting people intensely. At first he said something like who is this guy? More or less disapproving but as he watched longer and longer he came to a similar conclusion. Mr. Rainey. Hence the term Hands of Ambiguity.

:)

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The first time I met my wife's father, he was literally standing on the back porch cleaning his shotgun. The funny thing is, this was just a coincidence. He didn't even know we were coming over. He's always working on his firearms, he does some very limited gunsmithing and a good deal of wood work on stocks. He would have been out there with a gun either way, but it's still a funny image I'll never forget. How unbelievably stereotypical.

-Rob

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Old shotokan instructor was also a cop and gun afficianado. Had an unbelievably gorgeous daughter with many male suitors. He made it a point to be either sharpening his katana or cleaning one of his many wicked looking guns when first dates showed up to call on his kid.

Current training partner has a couple of tweens that are gonna be heartbreakers in a coupla years. I ask him when they walk through the room with young mens eyes tracking, "You got your shotgun ready, right?" I think I'm gonna pass on Doc's greeting to him for future reference.

Old Jewish Curse: "May you have many beautiful daughters and great wealth". Both bring people to your home wanting something from you, and disturbing the peace.

D.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka; Old Jewish Curse: "May you have many beautiful daughters and great wealth". Both bring people to your home wanting something from you said:
That was so good I archived it
C

Latest Discussions