...and Santa made them equal...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, a lot of firearms wound up under the christmas tree this year. This is a good thing. One of the things I really like about this country.

http://biggovernment.com/awrhawkins...on-we-trust-and-it-looks-like-santa-does-too/

A timely example of how this return to taking responsibility for our own lives played out right before my eyes over the Christmas break. I was fortunate to go shooting with a couple of friends, a husband and a wife, and the wife had never shot a gun before in her life. The husband had purchased a Ruger .380 LCP, a Glock model 27, and a Smith & Wesson Governor revolver. We shot each weapon repeatedly until Mary settled on the one she was most comfortable operating. As we were packing up her husband said: “Okay, this gun will be in your nightstand, ready to go if anyone breaks in when I’m not home.”
America is the land of the free, and that freedom was exemplified on Christmas as Santa did his part in bringing us guns we can keep and bear for self-defense.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if she shot her husband as she was actually expecting sexy underwear or nice perfume for Christmas, a gun he could have bought her any time, men just don't understand.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Isn't the sexy underwear more a gift the woman gets to wear for the husband. I would think the perfume or diamonds, would be a better choice.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder if she shot her husband as she was actually expecting sexy underwear or nice perfume for Christmas, a gun he could have bought her any time, men just don't understand.

Then again.. the sexy underwear is not exactly for her either...the gun probably not either...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the sexy underwear more a gift the woman gets to wear for the husband. I would think the perfume or diamonds, would be a better choice.

I said she was expecting sexy underwear as mean, if they don't buy a kitchen gadget, a tool set or a gun always buy sexy underwear, it's usually tasteless, crotchless knickers and peephole bra that she really wouldn't be seen dead in but he thinks it's just the thing. The bra will be too big, the knickers too small and he'll wear a stupid grin on his face when he hands the pressie to her.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I said she was expecting sexy underwear as mean, if they don't buy a kitchen gadget, a tool set or a gun always buy sexy underwear, it's usually tasteless, crotchless knickers and peephole bra that she really wouldn't be seen dead in but he thinks it's just the thing. The bra will be too big, the knickers too small and he'll wear a stupid grin on his face when he hands the pressie to her.

They really don't make them too bright on the other side of the Atlantic, do they Irene? :lfao:

Here's what I did: if we became an item, I got all the sizes on a card. Ring, shoe, bra, panties, slacks, dress, shirt. Take them shopping and figure out what they'd like to wear.

From time to time, get it for them. That's really the key to a happy marriage, anyway: find out what she wants, and get it for her. (this often includes stuff like talking, and listening, and discussing, etc....., in addition to "stuff," in fact, way more than "stuff" :lol: )

Anyway, that way the bra's the right size, the ring fits, the knickers are just right, and they're only crotchless if she wants them to be.....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elder...too bad you're taken!

I would say never buy a woman a gun for her birthday or Christmas unless she is a collector and they are special weapons. Guns to women are tools, like kictcehn equipment, ironing boards, do-it-yourself stuff etc so do not make good presents. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

:lfao:

pretty much sums it up...
and the slightest hint of her rolling her eyes makes her a female dog....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Elder...too bad you're taken!

I would say never buy a woman a gun for her birthday or Christmas unless she is a collector and they are special weapons. Guns to women are tools, like kictcehn equipment, ironing boards, do-it-yourself stuff etc so do not make good presents. :)

He really is the total package! :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: Well, those of us that don't look like Brad Pitt (which is most of us) put in the extra work that the pretty boys don't have to you know :). Or maybe it's just those of us that are honest enough with ourselves to know that our 'face' is not our fortune? I've always said that when we're younger that sort of approach gets us trapped in 'Friends-Ville' but once we're out of our 'teens it changes our postcode to "Keeper-Town" :).

That due diligence can also lead you to buying presents that, from the normal jungle-drums should be the kiss of death. For example, one of my gifts to my missus this Christmas was a metallic Cassis Le Creuset shallow casserole. She's been hinting at wanting one for months and wasted little time post-Xmas phoning round her friends bragging about it. So, just bear in mind, gents, that not all rules are set in stone.

Latest Discussions