An 8 year old black belt walks into your school.....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to agre with TKDDad here is certificate should be already posted but anything could have happened. How is the young man adjusting.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IcemanSK

My son is 13 year old and is a KKW 1st Poom. I could see is KKW# dtd 5/5/2006 before the actual certificate arrivial on 5/29/2006.​

I also should mention that when looking up KKW Certificates the Country, Full First Middle and Last Name and Date of Birth has to match exactly or the KKW Certificate # will not display. (This you probably already know, I just posted that for those who didn't know.)​

I don't think KKW would mail out a Certificate without first updating there database first. It would be an administrative processing procedure in any business or organization. Kind of like posting an invoice into accounts receiveable database before mailing it out to the customer. You can see the invoice from the web before it actually arrives to the customer.​

After reading all the other posts on this thread, was curious as to how the student is progressing after three months?​

What was the reaction of the other color belt students to having a younger student with a Black Belt that wasn't as skilled and knowledgeable as they were?​

From what I have read so far, this student is in the proper hands now.​

Please keep in mind that I am veiwing this as a TKD Parent and not a TKD Master.​

Best Regards,
TKDDAD​

The reaction of my other students (the highest rank is only 8th Gup Gold belt) has been one of puzzlement. "This is a BB from another school?!" Seems to be their attitude, but not spoken comments (I wouldn't allow that!) They're kind to him, but they know I have a higher standard for them than this young mean's former instructor had of him. I try to show that they need to respect his achievement, & still try to have the best technique they can.

How's the young man doing? He tends to "phone in" class instead of really working hard to even come up to the ability of other 8 year olds in the class. I wish I could use him as an example of 1 or 2 good techniques, to include him in teaching, but I can't, yet. I think it's time to suggest private lessons to mom so that we can get him up to speed. I'm doing that with a young lady who trained at another school for a few months before she attends my class. That way, she understands my expectations. She's very excited already.

I re-checked the KKW cert. (I didn't notice that his Nationality was listed as Mexican, not American, duh!) It is legit! I want to help him want to make that mean something to him. I really hope he sticks around.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like this kid is lucky to have found your school and you for an instructor. Hope he sticks it out. Having high standards is tough when other schools around an area are turning out higher ranked students in much shorter time. I think the true students of an art will see what a benefit it is to be lower ranking, and better trained; than the other way around.