American Modern Arnis & Police Academy

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just learned and was able to verify by phone that Lt. Oscar Lopez, a master level instructor in the American Modern Arnis Association, a full-time police officer and certified NYS Police Training Officer has taught his first graduating class of police cadets for the Rockland County Police Academy. The graduating ceremony took place a month ago. All of the Defensive Tactics were taught under the AMAA curriculum and certification program. Lt. Lopez is one of the AMAA people who is on the DVD clips found on YouTube that has been discussed on this forum under another thread.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first Modern Arnis program in NYS that has been officially recognized as a certification program for a police academy. The AMAA curriculum was developed by PG Tom Bolden and the lead instructors under him are Master Lopez and Master Peter Vargas.

If there are any other police accreditation programs using Modern Arnis, please let me know because that is a real coup for those people and systems that are doing that kind of work.

Congratulations to Lt. Lopez and his instruction staff at the Rockland County Police Academy.

Respectfully yours.

Morgan