American Kenpo Studio of Frederick - Grand Opening

OP
B

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
Update- Our class schedule is up (days and times), along with the address and phone number. More to come, check back soon.

Bill Smith - AKKI
American Kenpo Studio of Frederick

OP
B

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
Also, We are having adult classes and junior classes (9 to 12yrs).
Photos of the demo should be up soon.

Bill Smith

OP
B

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
For our grand opening we are having a special introductory program. For $99.00 you'll get 3 months and a free uniform (for the first 20 new students), for a limited time.

Hope to see you there,
Bill Smith - AKKI

OP
B

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
Seig,
For right now (school opens July 8th), The days a week, with two of the days having two classes. As students increase and they go up in rank, so will adding more classes and days onto the schedule. The average price for one student is $65.00 per month. Be I will also be having family and group rates as well, which can drop down in price for two or more students.

Bill Smith

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Bill,
Did you do the one thing I did not? That is to check the prices of the surrounding schools.
Mike

If you're selling BMW's, you don't charge the same as the guy down the street selling Ford's

Les

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Les

If you're selling BMW's, you don't charge the same as the guy down the street selling Ford's

Les
True, but over here there is something weird going on. If you charge a lot more than the people around you, they will go somewhere else, even if it is poorer instruction. If you do not charge enough, they think you are not for real and they will go somewhere else, even if it is poorer instruction.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

True, but over here there is something weird going on. If you charge a lot more than the people around you, they will go somewhere else, even if it is poorer instruction. If you do not charge enough, they think you are not for real and they will go somewhere else, even if it is poorer instruction.

Seig,

I know exactly what you mean, we get that here too.

A similar thing I have encountered is women prefering to go to female instructor for womens self defence.

A few years back I had a female instructor advertising as the "only female ladies self defence instructor in the county"

Her classes were full, and her background was judo. I mean no disrespect to "judo players" but in my opinion it won't cut the mustard when we introduce a weapon or multiple attackers into the equasion.

But the fact remains that her classes were full, and mine were struggling.

Les

OP
B

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
Seig,
I had to write out a proposal to the gym. One of the things I did do was marketing anaylsis. I call to all the schools for quotes. The price I quoted is in the middle of the price range here. It also give me to area to grow.

Bill

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hope the grand opening goes well and much success with your school. If you ever decide to have some of the higher ups come for a seminar, keep us posted. I'll drag some of the CT group down with me. See ya in Baltimore.
Sean

OP
B

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sean,
Are you with the AKKI group up there? Mr. Harrington has a instructor by the name of Sean. Just wondering. What day(s) are you going to be at the camp. It's good to have Kenpo friends on the east coast. We are far and few between.

Bill

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi Bill,
I used to be an instructor for Mr H before I opened my own club last year, now I'm just a private student of his. I will be at the camp from Friday before the test till the end on Sunday when we pack up to come home. Its going to be a great time and we'll see ya there. Its good to meet others from the East coast, we have to start banding together to bring more events our way. ;)
Sean

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Bill Smith

Seig,
I had to write out a proposal to the gym. One of the things I did do was marketing anaylsis. I call to all the schools for quotes. The price I quoted is in the middle of the price range here. It also give me to area to grow.

Bill
Hindsight...I thought about doing that but never got around to it.....

Latest Discussions