Update on Escrima & Kenpo Summer Camp - Buffalo,NY

D

DoctorB

I would like to advise the List members of the following updates for the Escrima-Kenpo Summer Camp, to be held on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday July 14.

The training site will be at Erie Community College - North Campus Gymnasium, 6205 Main Street, Williamsville, NY (a suburb of Buffalo, NY).

The training sessions will be held at 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 5pm on both days. There will be 2 instructors on the floor during each of sessions.

The prospective instructors are:

Punong Guro TOM BOLDEN
Pancipanci Eskrima & American Modern Arnis

Shihan ERNEST McPEEK
Tracy System Kenpo & Kenpo Goshin Jitsu

Shihan JOSEPH (Kenpo Joe) REBELLO
American Kenpo Karate

Dr. JEROME BARBER
Paradigm Escrima-Kenpo & Int'l Modern Arnis

Cost: $175 paid before July 11 **
$200 payable at the Door
$100 for a Single Day Pass
Group Rates Availible on Request

**Early Bird Special Discount**
$50 deposit before July 1, pay a balance of $100 at the door
for both days admission.

For more camp information, Group Rates and/or Accomodations information contact Dr. Barber at:
<[email protected]>

or by surface mail:
Dr. Jerome Barber
Suite 230, 5999 South Park Avenue
Hamburg, NY 14075

I am looking forward to meeting some of you at this camp.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

OP
D

DoctorB

Good Day to All,

The latest news regarding the Escrima-Kenpo Camp in Buffalo,
July 13 & 14 is as follows:

PG Tom Bolden has chosen the theme, "Hawaiian Eskrima, Hawaiian Kenpo - Making the Connections for Self Defense".

"Kenpo Joe" Rebelo, will focus on "American Kenpo: Utilizing the Single and Double Knife Tactics."

I will be teaching "Espada Y Daga and Empty Hand Translations for Self defense."

As soon as Shihan McPeek and I can get past playing phone tag, I will make an announcement on his topic(s).

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

OP
D

DoctorB

Here is the newest update on the Escrima-Kenpo Summer Training Camp that I am hosting this coming weekend at Erie Community College, North Campus Gymnasium, Williamsville, NY:

The format will feature two instructors teaching at the same time. The time blocks will run 90 minutes each from:
9:30 - 11am and 11am - 12:30
Lunch Break
2 -3:30pm and 3:30 -5pm,
both Saturday and Sunday.

Datu Tim Hartman, has been added to the list of program instructors. For those of you have an interest in the proposed 2003 Modern Arnis Symposium, this camp offers an excellent opportunity to preview a couple of the people who will also be instructing at that event, Tim Hartman and Punong Guro Tom Bolden.

These are participation sessions and people should come prepared to workout with the various instructors. Uniforms and belts are optional. Tee shirts and gi paints are sufficant. I am suggesting that people wear sneakers since we might take some seesions outside depending on the weather and each instructor's inclinations.

There is no minimum rank requirement. Everyone, including brand new students are welcome to participate. The real goal of the camp is to give people an opportunity to see how seemingly different arts Escrima/Arnis and Kenpo, actually share some common movements and ideas.

The projected instructor presentations are as follows, but changes may still occur at the last minute:

Saturday Sessions:

1. PG Tom Bolden - Pancipanci Eskrima & Sensei Dawad Muhummad - Parker Kenpo w/ Jujitsu
2. Sensei Ernie McPeek - Tracy Kenpo & Dr. Jerome Barber -Paradigm Eskrima Empty Hand Self-defense
3. Sensei Joe Rebelo - Parker Kenpo S/D Knife Usage & Datu Tim Hartman - Modern Arnis
4. PG Tom Bolden - Pancipanci Eskrima & Sensei Ernie McPeek -Tracy Kenpo

Sunday Sessions:

1. Sensei Joe Rebelo - Parker Kenpo & Sensei Dawad Muhummad -Parker Kenpo w/ Jujitsu
2. Datu Tim Hartman - Modern Arnis Knife & Sensei Ernie McPeek -Tracy Kenpo
3. PG Tom Bolden - Pancipanci Eskrima Kicking Drill & Joe Rebelo -Parker Kenpo S/D Knife
4. Collective Session featuring all of the instructors for demo and a Q&A opportunity.

The Camp Fee structure is as follows:

$175 until Thursday, July 11.
$200 at the door
$100 for a single full day session
Group rates for 2-5 people and 5+ people are still availible
Contact me via e-mail for additional information:
[email protected]

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.