Amazing video...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I dont know...them blocks didnt really look that hard.
Ok, lets see YOU do it... :lol:

It's impressive either way... the focus he had tohave to maintain enough power to break even those while continually striking. Hard or soft blocks it was a neat feat.

Garth Barnard

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For entertainment value, which I'm sure it's intended for, I think it's excellent, I certainly got a buzz from it.

As for difficulty, well, make your own mind up.

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kind of a "look at me, I'm so cool" self promoting video. Also, I wonder if he molds his own bricks; I've never seen that color before (he may have made the bricks a bit soft). But it could be the video itself.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Very impressvie! Keep in mind...breaking bricks is not easy and is a very hard material. (all different grades of blocks- Yes?)

The bricks were long and space wide... this helps in breaking. We use 8" x 12" x 1" thick, using 16 penny nails (bent) for spacers, for our demo's. At least 8 bricks high.

He now has the world record for this breaking.....Aloha

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never liked spacers used in breaking...do it without spacers and I'll be impressed-

Looked like standard spacers to me for this type of breaking.

You have a video of you doing breaks like this without spacers you would like to share with us?

You don't have to do that many stacks or that many blocks. Just a single stack of four or five without spacers will satisfy me.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool block breaking video.(it's sick!)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8629321730063150584&q=breaking

Is there anyone who knows wich martial art that is?

All good for a bit of fun and a pose i guess. I couldn't do it. An Australian by the name of Bruce Haynes held a number of world records(maybe he still does i dont really know) in breaking. He had arms the size of telephone poles and used to break his hand at the same time he broke the concrete. A similar result some boxers get from the constant impact to their hands. I'd rather be able to use my hands when I'm 50 or 60 than be good at smashing concrete. That is what sledge hammers are for. Anyone who says they can regularly do breaks like that with out damaging their hands are lying. Whatever tickles your pickle I say, it is good for a demo just not my cup of tea.:asian:
Cheers
Sam

Latest Discussions