Alternative Education

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Most times, when a student is suspended from school because of behavioral problems, they are sent to an alternative school. This gets them out of the mainstream population, but it doesn't do a great deal to benefit the student. Has anyone ever done a program at one of these alternative schools? If so, would you mind sharing your experiences and what results you saw in the kids from their taking martial arts lessons? You can either post or PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance!

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most times, when a student is suspended from school because of behavioral problems, they are sent to an alternative school. This gets them out of the mainstream population, but it doesn't do a great deal to benefit the student. Has anyone ever done a program at one of these alternative schools? If so, would you mind sharing your experiences and what results you saw in the kids from their taking martial arts lessons? You can either post or PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance!

I was shipped out to what used to be defined as a special school. We had boxing and judo, mainly due to a dedicated volunteer teacher. We also went to a boxing gym. What the plan was I have no idea, the educational aspect with learning was quite minimal, but social aspect of the school was great. Not sure if that helps or not. Probably not towards what you are asking, we were all still delinquents

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
Alternative schools are about the students that aren't in alternative school.