All In The Mind

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a better write up than the other article circulated this week on the same study.

As someone that has repeatedly told her teacher, 'This stuff makes my head hurt!', I'm pretty sure intense, repeated physical activity stimulates neural connectivity. :)

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I'm pretty sure intense, repeated physical activity stimulates neural connectivity. :)

All activities rewire the brain. Intense, non-intense, repetitive or not, even physical or not. Every sensation, thought, or feeling you have or action you perform rewires the brain. The brain is in a constant flux of dynamic re-wiring, albeit mostly at the single synapse level, not rewiring entire circuit pathways.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay. :) It's just that I don't 'feel' it while performing mundane activities.

All activities rewire the brain. Intense, non-intense, repetitive or not, even physical or not. Every sensation, thought, or feeling you have or action you perform rewires the brain. The brain is in a constant flux of dynamic re-wiring, albeit mostly at the single synapse level, not rewiring entire circuit pathways.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hace to take a dopaminergic (the 50 cent word of the day) Rx med every morning. If I exercise vigorously and consistently throughout the week, I can lower my needed dose by 25 percent. At $25 per pill for the generic Rx, the difference between 2 tabs per day and 1.5 tabs per day is very significant, in more ways than one.

I keep holding out hope for the day that I can ditch this med altogether...that hasn't happened yet :(

Latest Discussions