AKKI: Shaping the Future of Kenpo?

What is your opinion on the AKKI and it's direction?

• AKKI is leading us all to a superior form of Kenpo

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Average AKKI member has a higher level of skill than the average member of another Association

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • AKKI members are just doing 'old' EPAK in a 'new' way

• There is nothing special about the AKKI. Just another Org.

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • I don't know enough about this issue to make a valid judgement

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • AKKI members do not do American Kenpo

• I don't care; I'm doing what I love

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I am an AKKI member

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • I am not an AKKI member

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • What the heck is an "AKKI"?

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You made a reference to a very old Coca Cola commercial. I responded in-kind with a quote from a movie. Can you name the film?

Oh, ok. I just wanted to make sure I didnt offend you sir.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't worry about such things. I always assume a persons intentions are reasonable and honest, until given a reason to think otherwise sir.

Is that anything like being nice until its time not to be nice? ;)

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
How come the mods arent getting hostile for not staying on point? Did you arrest them?:roflmao:

I always thought "poll" questions were kinda open ended once you've answered the query. Don't go poking sleeping dogs with a sharp stick. Let me know about the C-Book.

Kenpo1981

White Belt
Reaction score
I am a former AKKA member, former IKKA member, former UKF member and current AKKI member. I've seen a lot and experienced these various organizations. I was fortunate to attend one of Mr. Parker's last seminars and get to spend some up-close time with him as well. I've met great people and learned very useful things.

I recently attended a 3 day AKKI camp in Evanston, Wyoming. I was so impressed with everyone from Mr. Mills on down. The quality of instruction was first class from him and his senior Black Belts. The overall attitude in the organization was just the best. The skill level was impressive.

Based on my experience, I would say Mr. Mills is trying to lead his followers to be better at Kenpo and to be better people in general. I guarantee he teaches EPAK, just his interpretation of what he learned from Mr. Parker, coupled with his innovations. AKKI Kenpo is HOT! I'm proud to be involved with them and encourage any of you that are interested to take a closer look if the opportunity arises.

Keep Kenpo alive and thriving!

Latest Discussions