Originally posted by KenpoDave
These are the top 5 that I actually have worked with:

Al Tracy
Roger Greene
Ted Sumner
Steve Finn
Bart Vale

Ricardo Castillo comes in at 5 1/2:)

I have not included in this list seminars that I attended where I did not get to work directly with the instructor.

That was actually my point was to get practitioners that you had worked with. My intent was to help other parishioners to look up people and experience the little nuances that differ in each practitioner.

Thank You.

OP
Rick Wade

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rick Wade
That was actually my point was to get practitioners that you had worked with. My intent was to help other parishioners to look up people and experience the little nuances that differ in each practitioner.

Thank You.

Sorry I misspoke I don't really want to find other Kenpo peachers (parishioners). Hey maybe we could start our own modern day shoalin Kenpo temple right on the original site of the original school in Pasadena. Lord help anyone who came in to opose us.

:D naw it would never work. :flushed:

Thanks
Rick

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by RCastillo
Thanks Mr. Hopper, I'll take the half. It might be the only half vote I get!:D

i will give you another 1/10 vote. Sadly, your friend, goldendragon7, is still thinking about giving you 1/1000000000 votes???. Oh boy, you have a long way to go. Wait in line for you nomination heh?:D

bring your students here if you have them so that they can vote for you if you want to go that round.

do not be shy here. Other students do that for their instructors ;)

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Rob Broad
I am shocked no one said Frank Trejo or Larry Tatum.

you should not be shocked because these names are mentioned in posts here. In fact, many times. More than you can remember. Just look around and you will see

the reason why you don't see them mentioned HERE because people are TIRED of seeing, mentioning, and typing these names.:D

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have to say my list is as follows.

Huk Planas - He show the why we do what we do
Frank Trejo - A wealth of Knowledge
Larry Tatum - Great mover, solid knowledge
Zach Whitson - His counterpoint material will improve anybody
Doreen Cogliandro - Great instructor, great personality make learning fun

OP
Rick Wade

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rob Broad
I would have to say my list is as follows.

Huk Planas - He show the why we do what we do
Frank Trejo - A wealth of Knowledge
Larry Tatum - Great mover, solid knowledge
Zach Whitson - His counterpoint material will improve anybody
Doreen Cogliandro - Great instructor, great personality make learning fun

I have heard allot of great things about Ms. “C” is she really as fun to train with as people say?

Thanks

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
i will give you another 1/10 vote. Sadly, your friend, goldendragon7, is still thinking about giving you 1/1000000000 votes???. Oh boy, you have a long way to go. Wait in line for you nomination heh?:D

bring your students here if you have them so that they can vote for you if you want to go that round.

do not be shy here. Other students do that for their instructors ;)

You kidding? I'm just waiting to get some scraps thrown my way. I'm a babe next to these kenpo giants.:(

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have heard allot of great things about Ms. “C” is she really as fun to train with as people say?

Thanks

Mrs. C. inspires people to reach beyond what they thought possible, and enjoy themselves while they are doing it. She has an uncanny ability to make everything come together before the student realizes what they have learned.

I watched her spar an entire class of kids a year ago one after the other, and she just kept on going. The kids loved it, everyone who watched her loved it, and you could tell she loves.

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by RCastillo
You kidding? I'm just waiting to get some scraps thrown my way. I'm a babe next to these kenpo giants.:(

you should spend more time with your friend, goldendragon 7. Perhaps, you should move to where he lives so that HE can NOMINATE you even SOONER.:D

may be, he will make you a general of scorpions and i'm sure you have plenty of SCORPION votes for your nomination.;) :D

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Thanks

Yes. She is.

She is a lovely lady and an excellent Kenpo Instructor who definitely has the ability not only to 'tell you' but to 'show you' as well.

I have attended several of her seminars here in Europe, and she is great fun to work with. She has an easy manner, and some amusing stories, but she also gets the work done.

Les

F

Fistlaw

Rick Wade,

I would like information on if you are willing to teach American Kenpo here in Honolulu. I have always been interested in learning American Kenpo and (as you know) there are no American Kenpo schools here on Oahu. I notice from one of your postings that you did ask if anyone was interested in training...I'm interested...

Fistlaw
"Ow is not a kenpo word"

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I trained wit Jim Diggs for a short time when I lived in CA, although his wife Deanna taught the class most of the time, and she was not a Black Belt at the time, so I felt ripped off.

OP
Rick Wade

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
phlaw said:
I trained wit Jim Diggs for a short time when I lived in CA, although his wife Deanna taught the class most of the time, and she was not a Black Belt at the time, so I felt ripped off.

Check you private messages

I met Mr. Diggs the one year at the Internationals (same year as the fight). He and his wife seem to be real nice.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ed Parker Sr. ~ THE Man
Huk ~ A walking Encyclopedia of Kenpo
Frank Trejo ~ The man is just AWESOME
Lee Wedlake Jr. ~ My instructor and a truly great person.

Honorable mentions (but by no means any less respect) ..... Mr. Tatum, T. Kelly, P. Mills, R. Liles, G. Velez, J. Sepulveda, G. Hibben, G. Ellis, S. Kelley, S. White. :asian:

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
1: Feliciano "Kimo" Ferriera
2: Joe "KenpoJoe" Rebelo
3: Prof. Cerio
4: Jeff Speakman
5: SGM Ed Parker (Who I met as a very young child)

hope you don't mind as they aren't all American Kenpo :ultracool

Latest Discussions