Aimaa

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
See, what I can't figure out—because their website, as I say, gives you no help at all—is what AIMAA is supposed to do. We know what the WTF does, and we know what the IFT has tried to do: maintain the quite different vision of TKD based on military utility that had at least something to do with the rupture between Gen. Choi and the ROK government. But `holistic profitability' doesn't strike me as something you would want to describe as a vision, or a mission... Isn't there anyone in the KMA fora who's a member and could say something about what the org is all about?

You are absolutely right in that they do not really have a mission statement on their website and asking $10 for it is a big turn off in my opinion. However I am pretty sure that the AIMAA just affiliates you with Hee Il Cho and that is enough for some people.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sweet,
For 10 bucks I can be affiliated with his organization, have the students come to me by the groves & teach a different art? That could be the best 10 dollars I've spent yet. Man, I have just 4 students under me now but just think of the empire I could create.:mst:

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Typical TKD businessman who advertises in TKD Times and doesn't do anything unless there is money and a camera involved. I'll admit, his technique is/was pretty impressive. But he is, in my opinion, a martial arts whore who sells out Tae Kwon Do and will appear with anyone to fatten his wallet and get his face in magazines.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sweet,
For 10 bucks I can be affiliated with his organization, have the students come to me by the groves & teach a different art? That could be the best 10 dollars I've spent yet. Man, I have just 4 students under me now but just think of the empire I could create.:mst:

I'm pretty sure the $10 fee is just to find out more about the organization (not to join it). That's another fee all together.