Best choices for poomsae by video

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wanted to know what are the best videos out there right now for each sets of Poomsae, Tae Guek, Pal Gues, and the Chon-ji set. I would like to get these with the original set as well with the newest version.

I know dartfish is outdated for the tae gueks so what is current?

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm awaiting a decent answer too...

I have the Dartfish set (and they're great, but don't have things done the way the Kukkiwon seems to be wanting) and the Kukkiwon Kukki-Taekwondo 2-disc set.

However, I'm always in the market for decent instructional material...

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed-the Dartfish are excellent because you have multiple angles and a "step by step" ability. The poomsae are performed slightly differently than the Kukkiwon dvds/tapes. I'd love to see the Kukkiwon come up with a similar product. Perhaps now that the latest textbook is on the shelves, it will produce a newer poomsae series.

Who has the best ITF series?

Miles

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the old ITF video tape that Gen. Choi finished. While really old in some parts this video series had the Tuls laid out as Gen. Choi wanted them at that time. I do not know if you can get this video anymore.

Towards the end of his life he came out with the Legacy series below:
http://www.google.com/search?q=old+itf+tae+kwon+do+video+by+general+choi

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I recently got the Palgwe Poomsae DVD by Kim Sang. I am very happy with it. It goes through the whole form once in "real time" then there is a side view and a step-by-step run through with the Korean pronunciation of each action.

Latest Discussions