Age/goals question

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Age 46 or even older....makes no difference....if you want to train and earn a black belt....age makes no difference.

Only thing...it takes longer to heal...to recover..takes a little more effort to keep up with the younger ones....but that is OK!

I will be hitting 54 years soon...couple of years before testing for 3rd Degree.

Love to go to classes...helping teaching... and getting excerise at the same time.

It does not matter when you start.........BUT it is the looking back in time you will realize it was WORTH THE EFFORT!!!!!!

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I started training when I turned 41. I figured, what the heck am I waiting for. I got my BB 5 years ago, at the age of 46. Since then I just kept training. I trained in a couple of different arts as well. I teach. I just want to keep on training as long as I can. I don't worry about what I can do or can't do. Since I started in my 40s, I don't have that sense that "I used to be able to do (something), but not anymore," because I can do lots more now than I could 20 years ago when I wasn't training at all.

Just go for it.

Latest Discussions