A Wonderful Insightful Few Minutes on Violence Against Women

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.upworthy.com/a-brave-fan...t-usually-get-and-is-given-a-beautiful-answer

I know I am in a heightened emotional state due to what I have had to battle over the past months but this truly moved me to tears, sharing Sir Stewart's emotions when he speaks of how it is never a valid choice to elect to inflict violence upon women (if there is no pressing need of self defence). Without side-lining the very real issues spoken of, I would expand that to include any who are weaker than you.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent, truly excellent...especially the point of anyone weaker than you.

The desire to be violent with others seems to be in a lot of people. Whether such a person acts on that desire is a whole 'nother story, but the desire is still there. Just last night I was reading an online discussion (not on MT) that started cordial and quickly turned sour. Someone I know had a mild disagreement with someone and the convo quickly degraded in my friend being scolded for not joining the military, as a stupid punk like him would have been roughed up and straightened out, or something like that. Stockholm Syndrome can be a powerful motivator, in my untrained eyes.

Latest Discussions