A small victory after returning from an injury

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
I stripe tested tonight, Won-Hyo, and I got my stripe. Normally only a small step towards a belt test, but this is my first session back from sitting out a session due to a sprained MCL.

I sprained it while sparring, my opponent was aggressive and a bit wild so I was being equally aggressive. I actually like sparring people who are unpredictable, if I ever had to defend myself my opponent won't make sure I am ready and follow the last 1 step sparring we just learned, so I sometimes prefer a good fight. I remember I was moving to avoid a front snap kick and was going to counter with a round house to the ribs, when I felt my knee go and heard a pop, then the floor.

I went back after 2 weeks of PT, but I just couldn't pull off my reverse side kicks, so I dropped out that session.

I am back and have nailed my reverse side kicks and tested on my form tonight. Other than a few times my knee feels a bit tweaked, in addition to my other bad knee, I think I am back at it full time.

dot1021

White Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on the stripe. Tonight I just received my senior blue belt. The blue belt form is Jun-Gun. Won Hyo is our green belt form.

One small step at at time, sir. You'll be back at full strength soon enough.

Best,
Tony

OP
TKDHomeSchooler

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
What sucks is I sat out a session due to a torn calf and then another session for my sprained MCL. Man, it sucks getting old (and I'm only 36).

spinny

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! :D I can relate. (I tore a hamstring almost a year ago. They said it'd take 9-12 months to recover. And I had 3 months of PT! I'm just now getting back to my old strength and flexibility.)

Just keep at it and don't push yourself too far too soon! Good luck on making a full recovery. :)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on your test and more importantly in being able to continue training!

What new material do you get to learn now? I presume you are going to learn Jun-Gun tul?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
icon14.gif
Congratulations

OP
TKDHomeSchooler

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on your test and more importantly in being able to continue training!

What new material do you get to learn now? I presume you are going to learn Jun-Gun tul?

I still need to do my 1 step sparring and then belt test out of green. Then on to Yul-Gok. Joon-Gun is after that one, at least at my school.

Latest Discussions