Honk if you love breaking stuff!

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have been getting ready for my black belt test. Trying to build up to a 3 patio block elbow break. Did my single earlier this week. Anyone else out there love breaking stuff with your body parts?

Okay the real question: What is your favorite break?

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Breaking stuff is awesome, especially if someone give you permission.

I am a green belt and my 4 oldest kids and my Wife are all in TKD together, so we have lots of boards around. My school does not teach boards until blue belt, but I learn a little ahead of my belt rank (with approval from the instructors). One night we were all goofing around at home and the kids asked if I could break a board with my hand.

I told them yes and then they asked me to show them.

Also here is a video of my Wife's first board break, BTW she is 8 months pregnant in this video.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone else out there love breaking stuff with your body parts?

Kinda' personal, don't you think?

Seriously, yes I like breaking with my elbow. I also like punching through one or two boards with my head, which is actually quite easy, but it looks cool.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
dave_break1.jpg
dave_break2.jpg
Posted: 10/7/2009
Hello Brick...meet Dave's hand.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
HONK

oh, you mean like MA stuffs....

nvm...

I am back to breaking dishes....

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like it and hate it at the same time. When we break in class there are no spacers allowed. The most I can do with no spacers is 7. With spacers is 11. The only time we allow spacers is when doing a demo. So during a test I hate breaking casue it is just a big slab of concret to me. During demos I love breaking casue it is so much easier.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Done one cinderblock. Primarily broke boards. When I broke my block it was palm heel straight down. Broke boards with anything-spin hook kick, roundhouse, back kick, palm heel, pretty well anything I learned well I could break with.

OP
X

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like it and hate it at the same time. When we break in class there are no spacers allowed. The most I can do with no spacers is 7. With spacers is 11. The only time we allow spacers is when doing a demo. So during a test I hate breaking casue it is just a big slab of concret to me. During demos I love breaking casue it is so much easier.

HOLY CRAP! 7 unspaced pation blocks or boards?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP! 7 unspaced pation blocks or boards?
patio blocks. Boards I have only done 5. But the HOLY CRAP was what I thought to. Started off with 2 then 4 then 6 and lastly 7. Well I tried 8 but no go. This was a progression over some time. But during testing there are no spacers.

Rebroke (cracked) my arm doing a forarm smash. Tried 11 with the formarm. No go on that either. When I did 7, it was with a palm strike.