I'm now a Purple Belt

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
I tested tonight, even though I'm still recovering from a sprained MCL. I took a session off (8 weeks) but still have some issues with my knee wanting to give out on me.

I did it, it's not the strongest I have looked but my Instructors took that in to consideration (it helps that one has had the same injury as me and lost his knee twice in his Black Belt test)

I am compiling a video now and will post a link to my YouTube page.

This is the last picture of me as a Green Belt.

GrnBltReadyStance.jpg

OP
TKDHomeSchooler

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here is the video, I don't know how to embed video on here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well done, keep going !, if I was to offer any suggestions it would be about the knee, since I have been working out with a torn ACL for 2 1/2 of my 3 years now, wrap or brace it, focus on strengthening the supporting muscles, limit jumping(it's mostly for show anyway) and of course watch your step

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats. I can honestly say that purple belt was by far my most rememberable test. I have had many test since, but it seems that my color belt test were the ones that Iwill always remember. Enjoy the moment. remember as much as you can about it (nowadays u have video... so that makes it easier...). No other test will be the same.....

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on your test! Neat video. I haven't seen all of it yet -- I'm stuck on dial-up internet at the moment, but I do want to say I like your uniform. Is it the standard color at your school? I ask because in my style, we wear white up until black belt.

OP
TKDHomeSchooler

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is it the standard color at your school? I ask because in my style, we wear white up until black belt.

Yes, it is. When we become a Black Belt we can get a gi that has black on the sides rather than the white.

@garrisons2 - I have been working on the leg muscles to support the knee, but I fear my Ortho Dr. may have missed something. Lukily it all stayed in place for the test (As I sit here with an ice pack on the knee).

Stuey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congrats. I hope the injury has not taken away the sense of achievement and personal growth.

My advice has nothing to do with the knee. It seems you and I both have difficulty looking where our imaginary opponant should be. I am always looking down when I kick. It is much easier to spot on video. That is something that I am currently working on and hope you find it to your benifit.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WooHoo! Congratulations! Keep up the hard training! :)

Here's how to embed videos:

Put the id of the video in between the tags.

Youtube
{yt}ssDQ_Y4JzUo{/yt}

Replace the {} with square brackets []

50calray

White Belt
Reaction score
Here is the video, I don't know how to embed video on here yet.

Awesome job
emoticonsHa_clap2.gif

Now I don't personally have issues with my knees but I tend to pull my ham strings behind the knee a lot. So I use a pair of those ACE Knee braces every time I work out and my legs feel great after wards. Anyhow, I'm not sure if it will help but you may want to check them out.

Last edited by a moderator: