A Serbian martial artist

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, much of it is similar to what I teach. I don't cover the firearms stuff but the knife, stick and SD stuff, yes. He looks like a great instructor, I'll see if I can find out more and get him over for a seminar maybe.
Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good stuff! Great speed and precision in his handwork. I see Systema, Wing Chun/JKD, and FMA influences at the least!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like quite a bit of what I see coming out of the Eastern European countries. Much if it has an edge to it which is some thing I can appreciate.
icon6.gif

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
again is there another section to post this stuff?

OP
E

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In contrast to my Enigma video this couldn't be more suited in the WC area. Again it depends on the perspective but what the guy does is pretty decent WC in my eyes. It is true that WC is only one of the things the guy studied. If there is another section on this forum for this thread please let me know- I will remember it for the next time I post something similar. I think you have a problem with names? Don't be to cought up in them;they are just that-names.

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
not me brother ,thats why we got all the different forums ,i got no problem with names .you remark you will remember next time,why not leave it at that ?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks—

time for a deep breath here, eh? It's sometimes hard to tell what style someone who's integrating multiple arts is using, and it's legitimate to bring up that kind of material in a thread dedicated to what may well be one of the core arts of that person's synthesis. On top of that, there are many different versions of most arts, including Wing Chun.

Discussion is great, and what one user may see as being very like one art is completely different from another user's experience of that art. Believe me, there's plenty of talk about karate techs and forms on the KMA fora, for exactly the same reason—karate is the major foundation of the modern KMAs. And that sort of interest in connections amongst the MAs is very much in line with MT forum policy.

So a generous point of view on what these fora are all about is probably best, so far as shedding light on the MAs in general, eh? Off-topic is one thing, but Eru's OP is well within the concerns of a WC thread...

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aww this video was very interesting. The first part reminded me of Aikido. The second part was Escrima and Balintawak. The Third part seems to be Jeet Kune Do and Japanese Jiujitsu. Very interesting. I especially liked gun drills. I will send a copy of this video to my police officer friend he could use. This fighting style is for more non-lethal combat. Very interesting. I think if I was civil servant I would be interested in this. Right now I am not there yet. I more into killing and maiming side of martial arts right now. I am not really concern with subduing and submitting. But maybe when I get older. I don't know. But people who worked with the public would love this art...I would pass it on to some of police officer friends.

Do you guys have any clips of European arts design for killing multiple attackers?

Great video...i like this one

Folks—

time for a deep breath here, eh? It's sometimes hard to tell what style someone who's integrating multiple arts is using, and it's legitimate to bring up that kind of material in a thread dedicated to what may well be one of the core arts of that person's synthesis. On top of that, there are many different versions of most arts, including Wing Chun.

Discussion is great, and what one user may see as being very like one art is completely different from another user's experience of that art. Believe me, there's plenty of talk about karate techs and forms on the KMA fora, for exactly the same reason—karate is the major foundation of the modern KMAs. And that sort of interest in connections amongst the MAs is very much in line with MT forum policy.

So a generous point of view on what these fora are all about is probably best, so far as shedding light on the MAs in general, eh? Off-topic is one thing, but Eru's OP is well within the concerns of a WC thread...

OP
E

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I more into killing and maiming side of martial arts right now. I am not really concern with subduing and submitting.

Do you guys have any clips of European arts design for killing multiple attackers?

Wow your scaring me man :D I'm into the whole to the point thing too. And I don't like nonsense moves. Neither do I like non-realistic control techniques. But I wouldn't say I'm in martial arts for the killing lol :D

I hope some drunk teenager with a bad day never attacks you :D

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
who me just acting like a badass...me i killed no one...but if i had too i wouildnt have nightmares about it like somepeople...lol...

ha ha...if someone did kill or maime someone an got exonerated from it why would they brag about it....doesnt make sense!

more into killing and maiming side of martial arts right now.

I mean studing techniques and drilling them...not going on senseless random killing spree.

So tell us, how many people have you killed and/or maimed? Or are you just trying to sound like a badass? :idunno:

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i hear alot about some drunk person attacking...do you guys have alot of bar fights or something...me i dont drink so i never hang in bars....An i never been attacked by a drunk person except for cousin. He use to give me hard time from time to time when i use to stay under the same roof.

So you guys fight alot of drunkards huh...usually if i thought someone was drunk an talking crap i would merely ignore them or walk or away...most drunk people dont usually just start hitting you with out engaging verbally first. atleast not in my experience. plus i dont really hang out where drunks be at...an if i hang out with the fellas most of friends are fighters. So we never have those type of problems. plust some of friends are police officers so they always carry guns. No need to fight when you have a gun.

Eru Ilúvatar;1123974 said:
Wow your scaring me man :D I'm into the whole to the point thing too. And I don't like nonsense moves. Neither do I like non-realistic control techniques. But I wouldn't say I'm in martial arts for the killing lol :D

I hope some drunk teenager with a bad day never attacks you :D

OP
E

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i hear alot about some drunk person attacking...do you guys have alot of bar fights or something...me i dont drink so i never hang in bars....An i never been attacked by a drunk person except for cousin. He use to give me hard time from time to time when i use to stay under the same roof.

You missed my point, Yoshi. The point was that I hope you don't maim/kill somebody, who got into a fight with you, for no real reason. That person could have their whole life ahead of him and maybe just had a bad day and ended up in a fight with you. To put it into a WC context: one of the major points of WC, I feel, is reacting to the problem/attack with the appropriate force/just the force that is needed to handle the problem at hand while doing it in a very straightforward way. Anything else would be an unnecesery waste of energy. That is also very true to the philosophy of Buddhisem on which WC is strongly based on. To take this point a bit further; there is a time and place for deadly force but WC is not about killing/maiming even tho it has killing/maiming techniques. Think about it.

Here is a qute of Aristotle(who I think had a very WC way of thinking ;)): “Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.”

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score

So you guys fight alot of drunkards huh...usually if i thought someone was drunk an talking crap i would merely ignore them or walk or away...most drunk people dont usually just start hitting you with out engaging verbally first. atleast not in my experience. plus i dont really hang out where drunks be at...an if i hang out with the fellas most of friends are fighters. So we never have those type of problems. plust some of friends are police officers so they always carry guns. No need to fight when you have a gun.

most drunks are to pissed to engage verbally they just wander up to you and wack you in the face for nothing.

you say you have experience of being around drunks,the same time you say you dont hang around them ? heluva contradiction.

i have had the misfortune of hanging around a LOT of drunks over the years,their attacks are random when they do attack and very unpredictable.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score

Defending from an attack is different from getting into a fight. People who have abused drugs or alcohol can pop up anywhere, whether you're at a dinner party or on the subway. I don't go to bars either, but I've seen drunks on the street.

The drunk/bar example is merely a good metaphor for an unexpected and often irrational attack. A person in an altered state will take risks in an attack that a sober person wouldn't, thus making the attacker more dangerous. When I did work in bars many years ago, and I was confronted by an unruly drunk, I was immediately aware of every utensil, plate and chair that might be aimed in my direction. An enraged drunk will screw a pint glass into someone's face without thought for the fact that he will cut his own hand doing it. That makes the scenario more dangerous.

I don't think anyone in this thread has bragged about fighting drunks. Fighting drunks is rather pathetic; being able to defend yourself from such a person is quite reasonable, perhaps admirable. A number of people have expressed their approval of the technique demonstrated in the opening thread -- that is not a celebration of violence but a recognition of good skills and innovation.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Eru Ilúvatar I have a Question. What was Wing Chun created for Fighting in bars? Or was it created for killing?

As for someone trying to get into a fight with me. That won't happen. I don't fight people readily unless I am back up against a wall or attacked suddenly with out seeing it coming. If I can't shoot my foe then I would fight. But chances are I would use WC as a last resort. I may use a weapon like my baseball bat or big weapon I carry around in my vehicle. I may use something close by like a metal chair on to of their head if a fight couldnt be avoided. But most of time I just walk away or run away. I dont go around looking for a fight. I try my best to talk my way out of fight. I dont fight when I angry. I only fight when I am scared. An if I am scared I am trying to take you out. I don't care about contolling or doing this an that...When I am scared I wont to hurt you so you can not hurt me. I am smaller guy. So I dont play around with people when it comes to fight. To fight me is a last resort. If your out an about talking trash I will ignore you. If you throw things an curse me I will walk away. If you come over to me an get my face talking I still walk away. If you touch me or put your hands on me An i fear you can really hurt me I am going to try my best to kill you with WC.Rock on a ground.Knife.Stick or pen in the eye. Anything laying around.

I don't play around with fights.

I don't study Buddhism and I don't believe in western thought really. So thats kinda of out of theory of living and being. From what you qouting from. I am more of the type that believes a threat should be eliminated. Thats just me. I don't like the idea that someone could render me unconscious and kill me while i sleep by stomping my head into ground. I don't like the idea of being choked out until die or having my neck broke in a fight. I take a fight as life or death. Thats just me. Especially if the person is alot bigger than me. Now someone who is weaker or little. That person I would handle differently. For the record I haven't killed anyone. Because I always advoid street fights.

But If I had to. I wouldn't blink.

Eru Ilúvatar;1124730 said:
You missed my point, Yoshi. The point was that I hope you don't maim/kill somebody, who got into a fight with you, for no real reason. That person could have their whole life ahead of him and maybe just had a bad day and ended up in a fight with you. To put it into a WC context: one of the major points of WC, I feel, is reacting to the problem/attack with the appropriate force/just the force that is needed to handle the problem at hand while doing it in a very straightforward way. Anything else would be an unnecesery waste of energy. That is also very true to the philosophy of Buddhisem on which WC is strongly based on. To take this point a bit further; there is a time and place for deadly force but WC is not about killing/maiming even tho it has killing/maiming techniques. Think about it.

Here is a qute of Aristotle(who I think had a very WC way of thinking ;)): “Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.”

To answer Skinters Questions I don't hang around drunk people in bars. The altercations I had was with my cousin. We lived in the same house. He Would always try to start stuff he was drunk and high. I usually defuse the sitituation by talking to him. One time I defuse the sititution by chasing him with a knife. Another time defuse the sititutation by stopping another skilled Martial Artist from beating him on his front lawn. Most of the time when he wants to start a fight with me when we stayed in the same house. I let him know if we fought I would call the police. An even if I hurt them he would be arrested because he is taller and bigger in weight and older. I also let him know since he is drunk an high it wont play in his favor. Also When he clowns I would pick the phone up an call my Sifu,Cousin or brother. They would let him know if they have to come over there would be trouble. My cousin is a captain in the police department. My older Brother I don't have mention about them. Lets just say they don't do Kung Fu and they are not the police. Then he would ship up. So we never really had a fight. A couple of times we had some problems. Like one time he tried to throw some front kicks at me in the yard. I gum sau his knee caps like hitting a iron palm bag. Then he would go sit down. One time he tried to throw them things. An when i started moving inside drunk or not he would start saying okay thats enough. An he would walk away. But other than him I haven't had altercations with drunks. I have a friend who also does WC he is brother. A great guy but when he is drunk he is out there. He is not aware of reality. With him I simple just leave or walk away. He can not get into my defenses. So need to hurt him. But that guy I haven't seen in like two to three years. So drunks I don't come into contact with. If I did my first reaction would be to pull a knife or pliers or vice grips I carry in my pocket with me.

Skinters said: most drunks are to pissed to engage verbally they just wander up to you and wack you in the face for nothing.

you say you have experience of being around drunks,the same time you say you dont hang around them ? heluva contradiction.

i have had the misfortune of hanging around a LOT of drunks over the years,their attacks are random when they do attack and very unpredictable.

Some of what you said I understand Gordon Nore Said. But as for drunks and drug users. I don't go looking for them to attack an kill. If they are bigger than me chances are I will try to hurt them to make them stop. If they hit me I will revert to kicking their groin then giving them a right hook to their nose followed with chain punches to nose along with grabbing the back of neck an upper cut the face an rake the face and eyes. Or I would repeatly spear hand their throats while periodically kicking thier groin or knees. If they fall I would probably stomp them so they can not get up an hit me from behind. If I can quickly swing them around so i have control of their arm where they can kick or hit me. I would try to kick their knee from the side to drop them to ground then gum sau the elbow downward while pulling the wrist towards me. This should end the fight. I don't think a fight should be the two of us trading licks. I think the fight should end with my assailant or assailants not fighting anymore.

But this is my opinion. Fighting is not a game.

But this is merely my opinion. I've always seen fighting as that way. Thats why I good advoiding fights. I don't want to get hurt and I don't want to hurt others. But If I ever put into a situtation were I feel I could be hurt I will do my best to hurt them badly. If they do succeed in hurting me I will hurt them bad. Thats just my opinion. I rather maim before kill. But someone like a criminal or thug i might not let live because I fear retribution from the butt whooping. You can't go around beating a man's butt an not expect him to come back blasting.

Gordon Nore Said: Defending from an attack is different from getting into a fight. People who have abused drugs or alcohol can pop up anywhere, whether you're at a dinner party or on the subway. I don't go to bars either, but I've seen drunks on the street.

The drunk/bar example is merely a good metaphor for an unexpected and often irrational attack. A person in an altered state will take risks in an attack that a sober person wouldn't, thus making the attacker more dangerous. When I did work in bars many years ago, and I was confronted by an unruly drunk, I was immediately aware of every utensil, plate and chair that might be aimed in my direction. An enraged drunk will screw a pint glass into someone's face without thought for the fact that he will cut his own hand doing it. That makes the scenario more dangerous.

I don't think anyone in this thread has bragged about fighting drunks. Fighting drunks is rather pathetic; being able to defend yourself from such a person is quite reasonable, perhaps admirable. A number of people have expressed their approval of the technique demonstrated in the opening thread -- that is not a celebration of violence but a recognition of good skills and innovation.

Just my small minded opinion. But I rather just run away or talk my self out of it. I am good at playing the coward. But if playing the coward doesn't work!

Last edited:
OP
E

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh my god, Yoshi. You shocked me with this post in many ways. I don't even know where to start. You realy don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I will just adress a few things tho.

Eru Ilúvatar I have a Question. What was Wing Chun created for Fighting in bars? Or was it created for killing?

I was very happy with how I explained my view to you in my previous post. If you read it, what would your guess be on what I think WC was created for? But neither Yoshi, neither... The question alone symbolises a very limited way of thinking.

I don't study Buddhism and I don't believe in western thought really.

What are you saying here? Do you believe in some other Eastern school of thought. Or are you saying that you don't believe in thinking period? Do you even know anything about this things or did you just dissmiss them without even checking them out?

If they hit me I will revert to kicking their groin then giving them a right hook to their nose followed with chain punches to nose along with grabbing the back of neck an upper cut the face an rake the face and eyes. Or I would repeatly spear hand their throats while periodically kicking thier groin or knees. If they fall I would probably stomp them so they can not get up an hit me from behind. If I can quickly swing them around so i have control of their arm where they can kick or hit me. I would try to kick their knee from the side to drop them to ground then gum sau the elbow downward while pulling the wrist towards me. This should end the fight. I don't think a fight should be the two of us trading licks. I think the fight should end with my assailant or assailants not fighting anymore.

Seeing how you interpret fighting I must ask: have you ever been in a fight? Besides with your family and friends I mean. Whats up with that anyway? You don't have problems with thugs at all but your family and friends have tryed to beat the crap out of you on multiple occasions.

I must admit that I am a bit fascinated with your way of thinking. Even tho some questions may seem rhetorical they are not. I would indeed like to hear your answers to them.

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Eru, I believe that Yoshi' issues probably stem from the fact that he has one on one tuition with his 'sifu' and has little, if any, experience with anyone other than him/her. I believe that there is a mindest instilled into him by this sifu, and this has produced some radical thinking.
While I have no problem with people undertaking private tuition, I feel that, especially in this day and age, one needs much broader horizons, both for their safety and the safety of others. From what I have read of Yoshi's posts, I sincerely hope he never has to fight anyone and that his martial arts world is not contaminated by that reality. I only wish I could live in the same world:)

Yoshi, no offence my friend, but I really feel you should expand yourself. Not necesarily learn another art, just attend a variety of Wing Chun clubs to get a feel for being around like-minded individuals and even learn something new, not only in the art, but about yourself.
Hope this helps and please don't be offended by my comments, I am just airing an opinion.

Kind regards
John

Latest Discussions