A Revisit to USSD

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've never seen Mattera do anything, but my instructor says Demasco is really good.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've seen demasco move very good. But he trains with a shaolin monk in new york. Mattera probabley trains at Mcdonalds.

Now that was funny.:)

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ha, no. I just thought the videos were funny, well disturbing. Trying to sell that stuff like it would actually work. Martial arts, can be great for self-confidence (false self confidence in the case of Partial Arts), but to think a kid is going to fight off an adult like that...it just irks me.

I don't know anyone in Vegas, but I am near the USSD capital of Keene, NH.

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ha, no. I just thought the videos were funny, well disturbing. Trying to sell that stuff like it would actually work. Martial arts, can be great for self-confidence (false self confidence in the case of Partial Arts), but to think a kid is going to fight off an adult like that...it just irks me.

I don't know anyone in Vegas, but I am near the USSD capital of Keene, NH.

Have you ever stepped in to a ussd?

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
I got to meet Damasco a couple of times. His HQ dojo or w/e is in my hometown. A little arrogant for my tastes.

As for him leaving USSD, I don't think so. the lastest issue of Black Belt has him as being the east coast director for USSD.

My brother's Kempo sensai was once a USSD instructor, but left over McDojo like issues.

Wht did your friend leave?

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Their business is not run vary well in my opinion. All the money goes to the top with none to the instructors. Plus you cant own the dojo 100%.

Your friend might want to check out www.shaolinkempo.com It's run by
Shihan Tom Ingargiola 9th dan. He's from fred villari's shaolin kempo. wwwvillaristudios.com And runs his own shaolin kempo schools. He'l let you own the dojo 100%.
USSD are very good sales man so tell him to watch out for any tricks.

He will notice most instructors there dont have nice cars and are over worked. You have to be there at 11:30 tell 9to9:30 and you get paid 300 a week no taxes taken out. So you have to pay more at the end of the year. Try raising a family or having life on that kinda pay.
So your really only making 200 a week. And working 50+ hours a week.
Most instructors quit after afew years because they cant make any money.

You have to buy $750 worth of black belt manuals a month from ussd regardless if you sign up 15 people or not.

I dont know how good villaris is? But I hear their dojos cost $40,000 to $50,000 and you get to set your own prices and hours and keep all the money.
That was one of my biggest problems with ussd is I'd have to pitch 10 people to get someone sign up for 185 a month. And I'd never see any of that money myself.
I hope this helps.

I agree with everything that is said here. I hated having to buy allllllllllllll those stupid manuals. I had so many at one point, I could have created a second dojo next door out of all of them. I also hated never receiving what I thought was my net worth, as far as a paycheck goes. There would be weeks that I wouldn't get paid because the investor wasn't around and whatnot...so, since I got nothing, I felt worthless. Sounds like the franchise thing is a great way to go, right? Not really. I would suggest checking into ANYTHING ELSE that doesn't make you pay franchise fees.

I know for a fact that Fred Villari's organization charges a licsence agreement fee, which is only like 200 a month because you are using his name. You can teach whatever you want in conjunction with the Villari Shaolin Kempo system. You're independant but have the backing of an organization. Or just go independant and keep all your money. The choice is really yours. Just remember, if you go independant, get reallllly good security cameras and watch your back. I'm really serious about this last suggestion. Bad things always happen to those that leave USSD and open up a studio by themselves.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've seen demasco move very good. But he trains with a shaolin monk in new york. Mattera probabley trains at Mcdonalds.

Now that was funny.:)

I don't think that DeMasco trains with the Monk in NY, seeing as he actually runs his school in NH. besides that, there is a grandmaster that trains there and was burned badly by DeMasco and I don't think that the monk would let DeMasco train there anymore as a result of that and Chinese tradition. But, once again, my bitterness towards USSD might be showing.

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree with everything that is said here. I hated having to buy allllllllllllll those stupid manuals. I had so many at one point, I could have created a second dojo next door out of all of them. I also hated never receiving what I thought was my net worth, as far as a paycheck goes. There would be weeks that I wouldn't get paid because the investor wasn't around and whatnot...so, since I got nothing, I felt worthless. Sounds like the franchise thing is a great way to go, right? Not really. I would suggest checking into ANYTHING ELSE that doesn't make you pay franchise fees.

I know for a fact that Fred Villari's organization charges a licsence agreement fee, which is only like 200 a month because you are using his name. You can teach whatever you want in conjunction with the Villari Shaolin Kempo system. You're independant but have the backing of an organization. Or just go independant and keep all your money. The choice is really yours. Just remember, if you go independant, get reallllly good security cameras and watch your back. I'm really serious about this last suggestion. Bad things always happen to those that leave USSD and open up a studio by themselves.

I hated thoese manuals too!! They were just a scam for ussd lazy masters to make more money.
I've heard stories of ussd going after break away schools.

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't think that DeMasco trains with the Monk in NY, seeing as he actually runs his school in NH. besides that, there is a grandmaster that trains there and was burned badly by DeMasco and I don't think that the monk would let DeMasco train there anymore as a result of that and Chinese tradition. But, once again, my bitterness towards USSD might be showing.

Steve damasco burned someone NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
ussd would never burn someone over money right?

USSD doesn't just care about money right?

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Steve damasco burned someone NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
ussd would never burn someone over money right?

USSD doesn't just care about money right?

HAHAHAHA. That's funny! A master told me that "ussd's too greedy" and will not work with the organization for that reason. once again, sound kosher? i think not!

Latest Discussions