This knuckle head screams "poster child"!!!!

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but sadly I'm not.

Pax
Cujo

aznzishu

White Belt
Reaction score
I may be a lil too late on posting this.. but.. i shall reveal to whomever is still curious about this Chris Garland
u see why i have the truth? cuz i am trained by his top student, and i've met Chris himself...
heh... however anything said is not gonna be good
yes, i not sure if his history is true, however, Chris is really a extremely dangerous man, if u ever seen his videos, and from wat my trainer/close friend told me, Chris is the 2nd hardest kick he's known besides a certain Grandmaster of Hapkido, Chris is extremely a true martial artistist.. he does currently train special forces in such, i intended to join his school, however it was an invite private one only, except my frriend/trainer invited.. but it all changed...
when one day, not too long ago i walked up to the dojo, Chris came up to me (bein a 5'7 man, and very hairy) i then asked if my friend, his student was there
Chris told me why? the guy was sleepin inside
i was in emergency need of a phone, Chris kept harrasing me about how the person i was lookin for was asleep inside, however he offered me a quarter, but i did not take it, he basically called me out cuz the way i dressed, said i was a "shiftless or ********" person and told me to get out, that's his dojo, and he's my friend's teacher, and he doesnt want my friend hanging around "shiftless or ********" people, and told me not to come bak
all this becuz i wanted to borrow a phone.. i kept apologizing of bein a bothersome to him and suggested i could just go somewhere else, but he kept me there questioning me and insulting me
geesh, he's such an *******... i lost all respect for him, he thinks too high of things, he's no difference than those stuck up prideful martial art masters out there, i was warned before that Chris was something like this, but i didnt thnk it was that bad... i looked like did at the time cuz of a certain hard day work at a certain job.. watever.. dont judge a book by it's cover.. ever

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This guy is right along the same lines as that one who claims to have those "no-touch knock-outs."
Something tells me these guys watch way too much Hong Kong cinema and get a bit of training and think all of the sudden they're masters of this and that art.
"by 17 was infantry in the army, training special forces." Geez and the base commander let this kid on the grounds because he was such a bad ***. The older members of the SF unit actually allowed themselves to be trained by a 17 yr. old, dispite their own years in combat and life threatening situations. Sheesh. ( :rolleyes: )
If anyone of ANY level of common sense heard this they'd know that he was full of it. I've caver friends who are of the special forces unit based out of Camp Williams in Utah. I've several other friends who were Viet vets scattered across the country who were SF themselves. They'd probably laugh in this guy's face and walk away ... not even bothering to try and take this guy on... it'd be a laughable excercise in simplicity.
But there are the gullible, there are the stupids who'd fall for this type of self-hype. We (members of MT) can only hope to educate as many as we can your respective schools/dojos so that thousands of dollars (and probably lives) will be saved.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But there are the gullible, there are the stupids who'd fall for this type of self-hype. We (members of MT) can only hope to educate as many as we can your respective schools/dojos so that thousands of dollars (and probably lives) will be saved.
If Bob ever comes up with a mission statement for MT this should be at the head of the paragraph.

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just the kind of man we need in the world's hot spots...

That's right! Totally right! We need him to teach... XTREEEEEME AIKIHAPJITSUKIDO!

Dispense with the kiais of lesser, traditional and 'time-tested' styles! Instead, amaze your friends and strike fear into the hearts of your opponents with his patented BOO-YAH!

You hear me? BOO-YAH!

He does this for real! No stunts! No tricks! Excessive and ham-handed application of force at all times! Come in, try a demo, get kicked in the nuts!

BOO-YAAAAAH!!!!

(And yes... I'm being sarchastic for those watching from home... even if I'm over a year late... :D)

koimaster

White Belt
Reaction score
Actually it is an answer to a hypothetical situation.

Here is a non-hypothetical case……the 9th dan I mentioned at the beginning of this thread does use his fake rank as a marketing tool to give seminars and seems to be making money from it even though he is just a “huckleberry”.

Here is part of his “Mission Statement”:

1)To host camps and seminars to provide expert instruction to all members.

2)
To have a positive impact on the martial arts community by teaching people about the values of respect, courtesy and the self-confidence that comes from knowing how to protect yourself.

3) To provide a fair promotion system for all martial artists

4)
To be an organization that is free of politics and egos.

1)and charging a fee for them

2)“values” like claiming something you are not???

3)The cons of giving rank to other styles has been discussed on other threads.

4)“egos” like claiming various high dan ranks many of which can not be true.

Granted he is not on the level of say Jack “papa” Stern or Michael J Davis but not everyone can be a "poster child".

What Jack Stern wants you to think he is:

http://www.kyha.net/awardsrecognition/

What jack Stern really is:

http://www.ohiotkd.net/taekwondoreporter/page5.htm

What Michael J Davis wants you to think he is:

http://budogeeks.tzo.com/bio.htm

The Traditional Arts Institute
Tatsunote Hombu Dojo

(Hand of the Dragon School of the Way)

Biography of Michael J. Davis

Performing
Jodan Mae Geri Keikomi
Circa 1995

With over a quarter of a century of training in the combative and energetic arts, Sensei Davis holds the following ranks and instructor certifications in the following stated arts:

Yondan/Renshi, Ryukyu Kempo Karate-do
Yondan/Renshi, Matsukaze Aikibudo
Sandan, Torite-jutsu
Nidan, Shotokan Karate-do
Shodan, Hoshinroshiryu Jutaijutsu
Chodan, Tae Kwon Do Chung Do Kwan
Chodan, Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan
Lakan Dalawa, Modern Arnis
Certified Instructor, Torite-jutsu
Certified Instructor, Open Circle Fighting Method (OCFM)
Certified Instructor (Level II), Lin Kong Jing Qigong
Koshiki Usui Reiki Ryodo (Level II)

In addition to the arts listed above, Sensei Davis has trained in a variety of other arts with different instructors. The following is a list of arts that he has trained in, but not pursued any formal rank:

Okinawan Goju-ryu Karate-do (IOGKF and Jundokan)
Chen Shi Taijiquan (Laojia Taolu Yi Lu, Er Lu/Pao Chui, Tui Shou, Chan Si Gong, and Sanshiba)
Lam Shi Taijiquan (Small Circle Form)
Matayoshi Kobudo
Yang Shi Taijiquan (Traditional 108 posture form and modern 24 posture form)
Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu
Fujian Baihequan (White Crane Fist) Gongfu
Bajiquan Gongfu (Eight Infinite Fist - Li Shu Wen lineage)
Piquazhang Gongfu (Splitting/Deflecting Palm Style - Li Shu Wen lineage)
Yiquan (Dachengquan) Gongfu

Sensei Davis is a firm believer in the martial and healing aspects of the energetic arts. With that in mind, the following is a list of the martial, health and healing arts that he has experience in:

Lin Kong Jing Qigong (Powerful Empty Force Energy Work - Richard Mooney lineage)
Wuxing Qigong (5 Element Energy Work - Dr. Vince Black lineage)
Soaring Crane Qigong (He Xiang Zhuang - Pang Ming lineage)
Wild Goose Qigong (Dayan Qigong - Yang Meijun lineage)
Iron Palm Qigong (Tie Sha Zhang - Ku Yu Cheung/Gu Ru Zhang lineage)
Zhan Zhuang Qigong (Standing Stake Energy Work - Wang Xiang Zhai/Yu Yong Nian lineage)
Dragon's Gate Complete Reality School of Taoism (Lung Men Chuan Chen Tao)
Koshiki Usui Reiki Ryodo (Level II - Usui lineage)

Sensei Davis is also a firm believer in the power of the written word as a learning tool. He has been asked to share his knowledge and information in this manner on many occasions. The following is a list of his publication credits:

Co-author of the Dragon Society International's Torite-jutsu Reference Manual (authored the chapter on the 5 Elements or Gyogo/Wuxing)

Kata Analysis
Martial Arts Illustrated (09/2004, Vol. 17 No. 4)

The Case for the 5 Elements in Vital Point Study: An Open Response to Rick Clark
(Currently under development)

An Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine in the Martial Arts
Black Book Fall/Winter 1997

Tori Technique #1 (Brush/Grab/Strike)
Combat Magazine (Vol. 24, No. 11)
Dragon Society International Webpage

Point Analysis: GB-20
Combat Magazine (Vol. 1, No. 1)
Dragon Chronicles (4th Quarter 1997)
Dragon Society International Webpage

Other points of interest concerning Sensei Davis and his accomplishments within the martial arts community are as follows:

One of the first six (6) people to ever be awarded a yudansha ranking in Torite-jutsu.

One of the first five (5) people to ever be awarded an instructor certification (menkyo) in Torite-jutsu.

Has traveled nationally and internationally teaching or assisting with the teaching of seminars on vital points or related topics.

First American to be awared instructor certification in the Open Circle Fighting Method (OCFM) by the Open Circle Institute (OCI).

Appointed to the Dragon Society International (DSI) research team by Professor Rick Moneymaker.

Appointed by Dr. Glenn Morris to serve as an ambassador between the Dragon Society International and the Hoshinroshiryu.

1999 inductee to the world Martial Arts Hall of Fame (Martial Artist of the Year).

Appeared in numerous video training tapes distributed nationally and internationally.

Written numerous articles that have been published nationally and internationally.

Has trained law enforcement officers from the federal, state and local level in the use of vital points.

Has had live-in students (uchideshi) from both the US and Europe come live and train with him for advanced knowledge.

What Michael J Davis really is:

http://sec-global.com/services/ctp/vsg/relics/MJD.html

Name: DAVIS, MICHAEL JAMES
D.O.B.: 06-11-65
Last Known Location: HOUSTON, TX. (Previously KNOXVILLE, TN)
E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]
Narr: AuthentiSEAL webmaster Liz Logan's former beau (she thought he was a former SEAL until she discovered VeriSEAL and we told her otherwise). Davis claimed BUD/S class "1176" until it was pointed out to him that there was no such class. He quickly revised his claim to class "176". Unfortunately for him, he wasn't in that class either. He bills himself as a martial arts grand superstar (master of the super secret Chinese Death Touch, of course) and claims to be a one-time ace operator at SEAL Team SIX and an attachment to JSOC in the early 1980s until he supposedly "blew out a knee" on a HALO. When he learned that his name had been posted in the Hall of Shame he contacted us with a long, Clintonesque diatribe about how our information was "incorrect". However, he stopped short of stating that he had never claimed to be a SEAL,

primarily because he is still spinning this lie to his friends and colleagues. He proceeded to inform them -- with an ever-increasing variety of BS -- that this was all simply a "misunderstanding".
He then threatened to sue us along with nearly half of the world's population. In a frantic attempt to discover who blew the lid off his dirty little SEAL lie, Davis has even gone so far as to threaten blackmail against acquaintances of his with whom we've never had contact.
During the time Davis claims he was in the Teams, he was actually in prison for armed robbery of a bowling alley (Can you say "Born to Lose"?).

UPDATE: Davis was expelled from the Dragon Society International and fired from his job following his exposure as a slimy, lying ex-con and phony SEAL. Look for him to resurface in the future after fabricating a new "history" for himself, most likely under an alias. He'd better try plastic surgery, too, 'cause his photo is staying right here. Some law enforcement agencies are also looking at him now regarding some "questionable" activities we will not mention here. And, in case you're wondering, we're also curious about whether he's a felon in possession of any firearms. Probably. He's already proven he's too dumb to know when to quit.
This scumbag was just begging for the endoscopic treatment so we sincerely hope he's enjoying it. We do aim to please. Until he straightens up and flies right, we'll let you know what dishonorable deeds he perpetrates next.

Sorry to bring this one up again but...... I run a watch forum and the Michael Davis referred to here is the Admin for watchgeeks and an on TV personality for Invicta Watches, appearing on shopnbc. I was sent this link to this topic along with a few others and I posted them. The item that caught most of the attention was the alleged arrest for breaking into a pharmacy. I took a lot of flack from my own members on it so I checked the records through a friend in law enforcement. If this is the same person, same DOB, lived in Norwood Georgia in the years after 2001 and before that Texas, he does not have a criminal record unless it is expunged that we can find.

Related to the other claims about him, he has told me in emails that he knew stuff about the military including items related to SOF but never claimed to be a SEAL. He did have a good buddy on the forums who was recently exposed Ken at 3t and myself as a phony Air Force PJ. That person is Sean Adams of Nashville.

Again my apologies for bringing this back up but I did want to make certain that we were talking about the same man in regards to the alleged crimes. I bear this man no love and in fact he along withJim Skelton aka corona Gorda tried to silence me about speaking out against them. It fits the MO of people like Michael Davis. He has tried to silence several others and I have the emails to back up those claims. In one incident, he claims to have taped an interstate phone call in an attempt to blackmail them into silence. That email he sent is in the link provided.
http://watchlords.forumotion.net/t1...r-of-inivicta-a-former-navy-seal-stolen-valor

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I love MT... helps sort out the b.s that is sadly present in the MA world.
I know that at least I can come here and ask about this or that instructor and get a good line on the individual or at least a guide as to where to look.

It's guys like these that truly give MA a bad name.

koimaster

White Belt
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I love MT... helps sort out the b.s that is sadly present in the MA world.
I know that at least I can come here and ask about this or that instructor and get a good line on the individual or at least a guide as to where to look.

It's guys like these that truly give MA a bad name.

Well I am not a martial arts expert. I am limited by what I learned in the service many years ago. My purpose was to correct or try to have someone investigate further the claim made about a crime.

To that end, I have been in contact with Steve Waterman who knew of this guy.

This is the thread causing havoc at my place.

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/t1...r-of-inivicta-a-former-navy-seal-stolen-valor

koimaster

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I am not a martial arts expert. I am limited by what I learned in the service many years ago. My purpose was to correct or try to have someone investigate further the claim made about a crime.

To that end, I have been in contact with Steve Waterman who knew of this guy.

This is the thread causing havoc at my place.

I just received these minutes ago. He is indeed a convicted felon.

Ohiorecord.jpg

MJDPrison.gif