A rainy and dark Sunday afternoon, what do you do?

Zida'sukara

Black Belt
Reaction score
Like I said it is a nasty, dark and rainy Sundayafternoon. I've got musscle pain from carrying boxes and still tired from going to Bed late.

So today I am watching movies, going through the internet, taking a footbath, polish my nails and still walking in my sleeping cloths at 4 PM. It is a typical sunday afternoon and I am soooo lazy.

So what do you do when you are having your lazy and dark Sundayafternoon? :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stay in my robe and seat pants..Order a pizza and pull out something from my movie collection....

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is bad, but I don't usually do anything on sundays. I am a couch potato. I have the woodburner going, the TV remote in my hand curled up under a blanky and watch random stuff on TV. I might do a load of laundry on a sunday (usually that's a saturday thing), but that's about it. I am usually in my PJ's until about 5pm before I decide to shower and put clean PJ's on and back to the couch I go. We do cook a nice meal on sundays, though (we love to cook), but that's not until later in the day (7-ish). Then back to the couch LOL.

I am NOT a winter person unless I am snowboarding, so I spend a lot of time indoors in the winter on the couch or by the woodburner with a nice class of wine or beer LOL.

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
My favorite lazy day, be it a Sunday or not, is to flip back and forth between the Discovery Channel and the History Channel all day with a blanket and a cup of tea.

Maybe some hard liquor when it gets late and if friends pop in (I'm a big encourager of the pop-in, I love pop-ins).

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Commit the deadly sins of sloth, lust and sometimes gluttony.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
LAZY Sundays? You are kidding me?

Sundays in our house are for tidying up and doing "jobs" as my husband calls it. He fixes the garden up, puts shelves up, cleans his car etc etc and because he's doing it, I've gotta do it... (or get constant earache) so on Sundays I do homework with my daughter, post advertising flyers for our class through doors, iron, and generally keep out of his way.

I used to play computer games and watch films but... married life.
(He doesn't like me training either, I think it threatens him)

Sorry, rant over. Sore point.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
First I usually update all of my business and household bank accounts. Later on I will take the bride out to a flick then a nice dinner after.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Reading, napping, watching some mindless TV, maybe watching some quiet movies are all things I WANT to do on a rainy, dark, lazy Sunday afternoon. What really happens though with 4 boys 9 and under is vastly different. Usually it is Lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's house, then an afternoon of helter skelter activities that leave me more tired and exahusted than if i had run a marathon. The evening is spent getting things ready for school in the morning, homework is already done, but making sure it goes in the backpacks. Along with packing snow pants, lunch money in the envelopes, school library books packed, showers or baths, and the 100 other things that need to be done. I'll miss every minute of it when they don't need Mom and Dad so much!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like I said it is a nasty, dark and rainy Sundayafternoon. I've got musscle pain from carrying boxes and still tired from going to Bed late.

So today I am watching movies, going through the internet, taking a footbath, polish my nails and still walking in my sleeping cloths at 4 PM. It is a typical sunday afternoon and I am soooo lazy.

So what do you do when you are having your lazy and dark Sundayafternoon? :)

Around here, we only get 52 such Sundays per year.... so one must use each wisely.

I do Tai Chi, badly. I do whatever my wife commands, fearfully. I supervise 4 childen doing chores, mutinously.

Latest Discussions