Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On reading the title, my first thought was, "What, a cup holder?"
A cup holder I understand, 3 scopes has me confused

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
It would seem to be a little busy and bulky......

HM2PAC

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, he almost got it right, a real Mall Ninja would have a NV scope, and a grenade launcher.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It looks like a laser range finder on the left side. The front 'scope' I think is a starlight scope.

Now let's be honest. When you have so much stuck on a weapon you have to keep it all maintained. Batteries charged. All screws tightend. Devices calibrated.... etc....

If you don't keep it very well maintained something will fall off (I'm serious, John Farnam has wrote alot about that very thing happening in his classe) or something will not be in sync, or something will have it's battery die.

http://www.defense-training.com/quips/quips.html

We humans are 'a tool bearing animal'. But sometimes we over do it.

Deaf

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At least all that gear is not mounted on an AK. That would be worse than wrong. Cup holder is good but I thought that was the spotters job?

Regards
Brian King

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
it looks like that's a booth at the SHOT show so I'm sure it's just a demo (and the cupholder is obviously a joke).

That aside, that's some expensive hardware. If I'm not mistaken, that's an Accuracy International rifle...I think they run around 2 grand or more. The scope and other stuff probably add at least that much again.

sjansen

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The rifle is set up so that the scope middle scope works in conjuction with the starlight scope in front of it for night shooting. The side scope is just in case you are shooting during the day and is a mid-range aimpoint variety probably 2x. You can buy one scope that would do the functions of the first two, but they went cheap and will work as well as the money they spent. Many of the military rifles are set up with two for long range/night and a midrange. This is just a poor example of the same thing.

I like the cupholder though. You can get quite parched on a good stalk.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That cup holder is there for a reason!

Imagine being out there for many hours. You can't move much or be spotted. That cup holder is a must. Great for a Budweiser! All it needs is a cell phone holder on the other side to balance it.

And yea, it does cost $2 grand at least.

Deaf

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'know... regarding the scopes, especially, it's also possible that since it's pretty much a display set up for a show booth somewhere, that they tacked some stuff on that wouldn't ordinarily be used together, just to show how different options can be done.

Latest Discussions