My New Rifle

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys play with the "bigger" guns but I am so excited about my recent purchase. I started shooting in air rifle competitions recently and because I am a left handed shooter, I have had to share a rifle with another competitor. This makes for a difficult situation for both of us because our sight settings, etc are different and the rifle constantly needs to be reset for the other person.

Well...my birthday is next week and my incredibly wonderful, generous and loving husband (who is so thrilled I am finally shooting :D ) has ordered me my own rifle! I should have it by the end of the week, before the next competition and I just had to share with everyone :D

Here is a pic! I can't wait! Feinwerkbau 700 alutec

Attachments

• $air-rifle-700-alu-black.jpg
    $air-rifle-700-alu-black.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 183

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo ... purty!!!

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo ... purty!!!

Well...funny you should say that... :D

Purty factor is very important when picking out a new air rifle :D

I asked two of my team mates why they picked Feinwerkbau's over a Walther or Steyr and they said cause they were "purtier" ;) lol.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Well...funny you should say that... :D

Purty factor is very important when picking out a new air rifle :D

I asked two of my team mates why they picked Feinwerkbau's over a Walther or Steyr and they said cause they were "purtier" ;) lol.

Sweet looking gift. :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
nice verry nice
i would love to shoot one of them someday they look smooth and accurate

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is a nice looking rifle to be sure. I :rolleyes: on the "Purty" statements but understand that because ya'll are ladies and women do notice such things.
I prefer function over design anyday. If the thing works and does what it's supposed to do and does it well, then, my pocketbook gets dented.
But that's just me. :D
Hope you have fun with your new gun.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
It is a nice looking rifle to be sure. I :rolleyes: on the "Purty" statements but understand that because ya'll are ladies and women do notice such things.
I prefer function over design anyday. If the thing works and does what it's supposed to do and does it well, then, my pocketbook gets dented.
But that's just me. :D
Hope you have fun with your new gun.

Well, in all truth, purty aside, the Feinwerkbau is an excellent competitive air rifle. Both the world record holders (men and ladies) use Feinwerkbaus.

When chosing one I tried three different rifles. The Feinwerkbau, Walther and Steyr before making my final decision. My coach told me that women tend to handle the Feinwerkbau better then the Walther and that Walther is used predominantly by men in the sport. The Steyr is actually a really cool rifle as the LG100 and LG110 (new model) actually come apart into three pieces for easy transport. One of the Manitoba team members has one, I tried it and it just didn't seem to fit for me.

Thanks everyone, I am really quite pumped :D

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Well, in all truth, purty aside, the Feinwerkbau is an excellent competitive air rifle. Both the world record holders (men and ladies) use Feinwerkbaus.

When chosing one I tried three different rifles. The Feinwerkbau, Walther and Steyr before making my final decision. My coach told me that women tend to handle the Feinwerkbau better then the Walther and that Walther is used predominantly by men in the sport. The Steyr is actually a really cool rifle as the LG100 and LG110 (new model) actually come apart into three pieces for easy transport. One of the Manitoba team members has one, I tried it and it just didn't seem to fit for me.

Thanks everyone, I am really quite pumped :D
'You'll put your eye out with that!'........sorry, couldn't resist.

Nice air rifle. I haven't actually really looked at air rifles since I was a kid shooting out the dusk to dawn lights. I got my first Daisy at 6 (and promptly got it taken away at 6 + 2 days)That's a pretty sharp, high performance air rifle. The old Daisy lever action with the 'saddle ring' was high-tech. That Feinwerkbau is a whole different animal.

I might have to get my girlfriend one, get her in to shooting. Personally, I don't think i'd find much joy in it. I'm not happy firing a rifle unless it nearly dislocates my shoulder.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
I might have to get my girlfriend one, get her in to shooting. Personally, I don't think i'd find much joy in it. I'm not happy firing a rifle unless it nearly dislocates my shoulder.
Holy crap!! Sweet mother, that gun cost $2000.00?! Those Germans sure are proud of their air rifles. http://www.pilkguns.com/fwb.htm

I just bought a custom 1911 that didn't cost much more than that. Oh well, I bet the air rifle shoots like a dream.

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hope you have fun with your new toy..me personally I dont like guns!

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
'You'll put your eye out with that!'........sorry, couldn't resist.

LOL!

sgtmac_46 said:
That Feinwerkbau is a whole different animal.

Well you could always use the approach my husband used on me to finally get me shooting with him. It was 20 years of relentless "nudging" having children and getting them involved in the sport, attending match after match after match until finally I figured if I was there anyways, why not? :)

I understand your need to dislocate your shoulder, lol. My husband thinks he now needs to find me a .223 or a .308 so I can shoot F-class with him this summer! Will it ever end!:rolleyes:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So similar to the one my friend uses, and I am so jealous.

I wish my air rifle was 1/2 as nice.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
So similar to the one my friend uses, and I am so jealous.

I wish my air rifle was 1/2 as nice.

What kind does your friend have? What do you have?

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well... it is finally here. :)

And showed up on my birthday, which is really special. I have been playing around with it for the last few hours and have been hitting the 9's and 10's now that I have adjusted things a bit. Also hitting some wankers as well ;)

I have another competition tomorrow. Hopefully I have done enough adjusting to shoot well tomorrow. Wish me luck :D

p.s. this has been a great birthday! :boing2:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow, Sweetie!!

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Well... it is finally here. :)

And showed up on my birthday, which is really special. I have been playing around with it for the last few hours and have been hitting the 9's and 10's now that I have adjusted things a bit. Also hitting some wankers as well ;)

I have another competition tomorrow. Hopefully I have done enough adjusting to shoot well tomorrow. Wish me luck :D

p.s. this has been a great birthday! :boing2:

Good luck tomorrow! And Happy Birthday!

Mr.Rooster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wow, that's really nice.
Know any details on it yet?
Max effective range on Area and/or Point target?
Penetration distance different materials?
Weight? Length?
Magazine capacity?
Auto? Semi Auto? Burst?

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr.Rooster said:
Wow, that's really nice.
Know any details on it yet?
Max effective range on Area and/or Point target?
Penetration distance different materials?
Weight? Length?
Magazine capacity?
Auto? Semi Auto? Burst?

Thank you. I like it too. :)

Total weight is about 4.8 kg, Length 1100 - 1175 mm

It is an target rifle for air rifle competitions. No magazine, one pellet at a time.

More info here. You can click on the Technical Data PDF for more info also.

Latest Discussions