A Couple Of IRT Triangle Clips!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is interesting the choices you make regarding the technical and tactical applications there. They are solid submissions.

Is that for SD or straight grappling.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Drop Bear,

If they had a coat or heavy sweatshirt on I could pull off the one where I utilize the sleeves but the one that I would consider the easier of the two would be the one from the mount. No coat needed, your in a dominant position, etc. Could they be used in self-defense sure but there are of course some better options. I'm all about having a dominant position so if I was on my back I would rather scissor sweep, push sweep, one legged butterfly sweep, butterfly sweep, etc, etc. and get that dominant position. I would probably just strike them unconscious on the street if I was that high in the mount or move to a side naked choke or rear naked choke if they rolled to their belly. Just safer than rolling to my back. Also I would rather have mobility to be able to utilize runfu if I needed in self-defense but hey we do not always get to choose where the battle is going to go. Still I like the triangle from the guard/open guard and the mount for rolling.

Latest Discussions