A 944 & 9/11

D

DanRyunAndrew

As a few of you may know, I'm an automotive Locksmith.

Yesterday, one of my regular accounts called me to make keys for an '88 Porsche 944. No biggie, right? Well, from a technical aspect, no problem. These cars are pretty straight forward.

During my examination of the car (ie looking over the vehicles paperwork for codes, etc.) I came across an interesting, yet tragic story.

The car was as an abandoned that was towed into my account from a local apartment complex. My quess is they were re-coating the parking lot, and needed the car moved. While the tow company was looking through the car for the registration, possible addresses to contact the owner, etc, they came across information packets from the owners employer.

As it turns out, the owner of the Porsche was employed by one of the financial companies that was in the World Trade Centers. A quick check of the facts revealed that, along with so many others, he was lost on 9/11/01.

As I sat behind the wheel with key in hand...I couldn't help but think that the last person to sit in this car with a working key, and start the car...had died on 9/11.

WOW! That was a POWERFUL moment!