7 star northern praying mantis system

samool

White Belt
Reaction score
hi, i have been offered a place at a kung fu school near my town. But i dont know whether to join as i wasn't very good at judo when i did it a few years ago and i want to know what i am letting myself in for.

if anyone could tell me anything about the '7 star northern praying mantis system' it would be great

cheers

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to MT.

7 Star Northern Praying Mantis is a very strong and versatile system. it is considered the hardest (in the hard/soft concept) of the Mantis substyles. It has a strong connection to Monkey, in that it has borrowed footwork from that style. It also has strong connections to qinna.

May have originated in, or around, Shandong province in China.
Don't really know when. Northern Praying Mantis generally was developed in either the 13th or 18th century (probably somewhere in between in reality).

That's about all I can give you. Its not an art that I study, just one I am intrigued by.

I recommend you follow Kasey's advice, you're bound to get more information.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. We have good CMA (Chinese Martial Arts) folks here who can give you good info.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MartialTalk ... Personally, I have no knowledge of the system in question, but I'm sure you'll get some good info here, in the CMA forums.

Latest Discussions