6.5 Earthquake-Hawaii

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This morning at 7:08 we had moving experience, we are just about 10 miles from the center of the quake.

Shook the whole house/neighborhoods...lot of broken dishes,tv's,glass. Lots of us have broken waterheater pipes.

So far hours later..still a lot of after shocks over 40 so far...

No injuries have be reported..some of the main roads with bridges are closed down.

We are all OK.....Judo teaches you to learn how to fall .....should the earth move again...........Aloha

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, This morning at 7:08 we had moving experience, we are just about 10 miles from the center of the quake.

Shook the whole house/neighborhoods...lot of broken dishes,tv's,glass. Lots of us have broken waterheater pipes.

So far hours later..still a lot of after shocks over 40 so far...

No injuries have be reported..some of the main roads with bridges are closed down.

We are all OK.....Judo teaches you to learn how to fall .....should the earth move again...........Aloha

And no injuries?! Terrific... that's something, anyway. And if you're that close to the epicenter, you don't have much to worry about from tsumanis, right?

We have a few strong shakes when I was living in Vancouver and Victoria---nothing quite as weird as realizing that the earth is moving right under you.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear about the quake still learning and I am very glad you are all okay and that there are no injuries. Take care of yourself and let us know that you are alright.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Has any scientific explanation for the quake surfaced yet? The big island is volcanic and that is a large quake for a volcanic islands with no major tectonic faults.

There has been talk of part of the big island getting ready to fall off. I wonder if it could be related to that?

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it through the quake without injury, still learning!

Thoughts and prayers heading to you and your fellow Hawaiians!

Yours in the arts,

Andy

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread moved to The Locker Room.

Mike Slosek
MT Supermod

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard about that on the news, it had to be quite frightening. I'm glad you're family is safe, thanks for filling us in. :asian:

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are safe and uninjured!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're okay - a friend of mine lives in Hilo, and called to tell me she and her family are okay; she also sent this picture of her kitchen. She said it was God's way of telling her she had too much stuff.

Attachments

• $Image.jpg
    $Image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 98

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Glad you are okay. Have heard back from my husband's co-worker who is over there on vacation with his wife right now.....they are okay, but it was pretty scary for them where they were....a few broken dishes and such was all the damage. Still waiting to hear back from two other friends who live over there......

Tara :)

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Thank-you everyone...All is fine except for a few broken things and a leaking water heater...........Aloha

Latest Discussions