?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DJAVULS OGA

Is this normal for you modern arnis guy? I thought the kenpo people were screwed up!

Scientology in Modern Arnis?
Kelly S. Worden

posted September 27, 2002 12:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a weird one for the group to figure out.
I recently received a e-mail from a Modern Arnis practitioner who claims high rank status is very vocal of his position.
I was real confused when in his explaination as to why we do not see eye to eye on specific issues he stated a quote from Ron L, Hubbard. Making reference to the inability to change a person,, blah,blah,blah,,
Immersed in Scientology for 20 years and quoting crap that was taught to most of us in grade school.
Am I wrong, or is this a little wacky, does Modern Arnis need Scientology to stabilize relationships?
Please call the Jehovah Whitness group in to if that's the case,, everyone should have a little imput,,, GAG....
Funny thing, I tried to respond but the e'mail address would not go through, cancelled? Or is there some sort of influx in the communication with Superior Beings that us mere Earthlings are missing?
Kelly S. Worden

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Read the whole thread....there were 24 posts on it when I last looked.

http://www.xpres.net/~gmattson/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000246.html

It appears to be more of a public airing of dirty laundry, political jockeying, misunderstandings and the differences of opinion of 2 individuals who happen to practice Arnis, than anything specifically to do with Arnis.

Regardless of ones opinion on Scientology, it strikes me as a bit low/immature for one in a leadership position to mock out someones (who I was under the impression was a friend of theirs) religious beliefs, regardless of any previous slight, intended or not. But thats only my opinion.

Regarding religion in Arnis training....in my over 1 year of experience, its never come up.

:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have to agree with Kaith,

I know one of the people involved personally and I would not believe that he would 'Preach' to another. And the other involved, I know from Reputation, and All I have to say is I believe this to be 'one of his buttons' that just got pushed unintentionally.

The Same personalities in another art may have had the exact same reactions.

Follow the link provided by Kaith to see the complete outcome and resolution. There is no need for this site to continue a separate thread and or miss-represent what might have been said or not said in a post.

Just my Opinion

Rich

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree.... they seem to have taken the issue private, where it belongs, and since 1 of them doesn't post here, I see no reason to leave this open...this one could turn ugly, etc

Thread locked.:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions