365 Project

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is an incredibly huge and ornamented place ... being there just made your mind wonder as it tried to recreate how splendid it must have once been.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
from this angle it looks like a castle

The differences between noble and ecclesiastic building architecture are pretty minimal, except for the fortifications. Tintern Abbey is 11th-13thC work. A castle of that period wouldn't likely be so open, but would rather have featured slit windows, generally "T" or inverted "T" in shape, and be behind a wall. If granted permission by the crown, the wall would have crenelations (or without permission, if the Lord wasn't particularly law abiding...).

I really miss living in the UK....

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1396723538311.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 567

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My now customary roaming ground of an evening is the Downs Banks, a local, small, nature reserve. We had some rain yesterday and look what it did to the stream!

Ah, you can't because the board software is exploding and doesn't see JPG's as valid image files today :(.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After sunflowers, daffodils were my wifes favourite flower and at the moment they are blooming all over the place. This one is shedding it's light in a scrap piece of land between a railway line and a facility for distributing gas supplies to a now defunct power station:

View attachment $IMG_0114.jpg

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A shame I don't have Photoshop any more, this really needs a bit of selective filtering to bring out the blossom - that was what I was after for the white blossom of the hawthorn was a magical cloud in the shadows cast by the bright sun behind:

View attachment $IMG_0119_resized.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
A shame I don't have Photoshop any more, this really needs a bit of selective filtering to bring out the blossom - that was what I was after for the white blossom of the hawthorn was a magical cloud in the shadows cast by the bright sun behind:

View attachment 18712

is that the woods? i like going in the woods except half of the time i forget to wear pants and end up wearing shorts. not good to wear shorts while passing over thorn vines or beside a mesquite tree...

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An avenue of Silver Birch, which was my wife's 'birth tree' in the symbolic language of trees; needless to say I walked it for her after a contemplative pause :

View attachment 18692

A symbol of regrowth, renewal and life blossoming onward after a devastation. :)

Birch trees are pioneers, they are often the first trees to grow in an environmental loss to the area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Been lazy, I am not sure if my camera still talks to me. :(

I need to dig through my boxes...I got some pictures of Tintern Abbey... :) 25 years or so old....

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Woodland selfie ... that sounds wrong somehow :D

$IMG_0152.JPG

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, Carol :D. As Monadnock is for you, my dear friend, so is the woodland for me :).

OTH? Your mailbox is full, good sir - my reply to your kindhearted PM vanished into the board software with a gentle puff of unsmoke as it bounced :). I thank you greatly for your concern :bows:.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We are on vacation in Tennessee. This is a waterfall 1000 feet under a mountain. Pretty wild.

Latest Discussions