terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gold Mi Kyung Kim KOR
Silver Sarah Stevenson GBR
Bronze Paige McPherson USA
Bronze Karine Sergerie CAN

I dont know about Page, would like to see her win but I think she is not in the top four.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
She has a good draw...it will be a big help....probably the weakest division in the Olympics. It will be a challenge for her! Think she will medal a great accomplishment.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just some discussion but this thread does not seem to be getting any traction.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the judges doesn't it? who they think should win not who actually does.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Depends on the judges doesn't it? who they think should win not who actually does.

Judges play a role but with the EBP it will be much harder to do that. Sarah Stevenson is the hometown girl so the calls will probably go her way. Like in any other sport. You also have replay which helps to make sure that bias is limited.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Korean dominated the Egyptian at the world qualifier. Paige will meet the Egyptian in the quarter finals. Although the Egyptian is #1 in the world I believe Paige can beat her based on a like Opponent which was Grenada.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Korean dominated the Egyptian at the world qualifier. Paige will meet the Egyptian in the quarter finals. Although the Egyptian is #1 in the world I believe Paige can beat her based on a like Opponent which was Grenada.

The thing I have notice about Page is sometimes she waits a little to long to start the attack. I see opening and it takes her a split second to see it as well and that might get her in trouble with the stronger competitors. Love her game but hate that hesitation she has sometimes.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The thing I have notice about Page is sometimes she waits a little to long to start the attack. I see opening and it takes her a split second to see it as well and that might get her in trouble with the stronger competitors. Love her game but hate that hesitation she has sometimes.

I see your point! she is a lead leg counter fighter. She maybe more passive than some would like. I watched all her fights at worlds on WTF TV? I believe she has the right style for the draw as I see it. If the draw changes up everything will change.

The other question is her age will she be able to deal with the pressure. Based my assumptions I believe she is in the best situation possible for her to medal.

The opposite is true for Steven. He is in the worst possible situation. Based on draw and has created a big hill to climb.