Tiberius:asian:

Know where Scotty's first name (Montgomery) came from? I do:cool:

Not a Trekkie, just a fan,
Randy Strausbaugh

I'm all ears.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Alright, time for useless trivia lightning round....

Of the characters Kirk, McCoy, Spock, Scotty and Sulu.....

which three knew each other before being assigned to the Enterprise?

What was Sulu's first choice of assignments? [Hint-it sure wasn't helmsman of the Enterprise]

Kirk was the youngest officer in Star Fleet to make captain [in that ere]. What was his age?

:cool:

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by A.R.K.
Alright, time for useless trivia lightning round....

Of the characters Kirk, McCoy, Spock, Scotty and Sulu.....

which three knew each other before being assigned to the Enterprise?

What was Sulu's first choice of assignments? [Hint-it sure wasn't helmsman of the Enterprise]

Kirk was the youngest officer in Star Fleet to make captain [in that ere]. What was his age?

Waiting with anxiousness! :D I bet my mom would know the answer...she was a major trekkie! :D

OP
A

A.R.K.

Alright, here we go :)

McCoy was Kirk's doctor even prior to the original series. In fact he saved Kirk's life just prior to his promotion and assignment to the Enterprise. Sulu wanted to be a fighter pilot [space fighter pilot on the outer rim]. Kirk knew Sulu and his family and personally requested Sulu to be the helmsman...which Sulu initially didn't like.

So McCoy, Kirk and Sulu knew each other prior to being assigned to the Enterprise. BTW Scott thought in the beginning that Kirk was a wet behind the ears loser...how things changed :)

Kirk was 29 when he made Captain and took command of the Enterprise.

And there you have it :cool: Just in case your ever on a game show with useless Star Trek trivia as a catagory....you'll be all set.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys... You know WAY WAY WAY too much about this...

Oh yes you do. Did I see any of you on "Free Enterprise?"

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
IS that Kind of like Free Willy?
No, I think Free Willy was about the Clinton administration.:D

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
G

Galvatron

Originally posted by A.R.K.
Alright, here we go :)

McCoy was Kirk's doctor even prior to the original series. In fact he saved Kirk's life just prior to his promotion and assignment to the Enterprise. Sulu wanted to be a fighter pilot [space fighter pilot on the outer rim]. Kirk knew Sulu and his family and personally requested Sulu to be the helmsman...which Sulu initially didn't like.

So McCoy, Kirk and Sulu knew each other prior to being assigned to the Enterprise. BTW Scott thought in the beginning that Kirk was a wet behind the ears loser...how things changed :)

Kirk was 29 when he made Captain and took command of the Enterprise.

And there you have it :cool: Just in case your ever on a game show with useless Star Trek trivia as a catagory....you'll be all set.

Where do you get this from? If it's from a Star Trek Novel it's not part of established Star Trek "fact".
Sulu's first position on the Enterprise was not Helmsman. Watch the 2nd pilot episode 'Where no man has gone before' he is ship's chief physicst is that episode.

The ship's warp drive operates by the controlled exposure of matter and anti-matter to each other. what substance serves as the matter, and what substance serves as the Anti-Matter??? :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hydrogen and anti-hydrogen are the fuel source. I forget where, but I read it some time ago.

At one point in time, I knew the specs for a constitution class heavy cruiser cold......it was on the '1st officers' exam for an organization once belonged to....

(Boy, do I feel geeky now).

But I'm undefeated in non-tourny klingon chess, so it all is good. :D http://www.tasigh.org/takzh/

OP
G

Galvatron

Close, but no cigar.
It was established in the next generation that the matter was Deuterium and the Antimatter was Anti-Hydrogen.

Constitution-Class starships were 947ft by 417ft.
990.6 by 440 in "refit" trim.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's a well-known error where Spock says that the energy of something grows at a phenomenal rate--"Like one raised to the tenth power!" Did not one of the writers graduate from elementary school?

I liked the "Galaxy Quest" take-off and could stand a sequel to that!

OP
G

Galvatron

Galaxy Quest was great!
I loved that movie :)

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
"Between Scotty's poor lubrication habits and Geordi's damned polarity reversing trick, it's a wonder the Enterprise doesn't just spontaneously explode whenever they put the juice to it."

Poor Lubrication and Reversed Pollarity has caused many problems, not just with Starships of the fleet.