Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, line up a row of paedophiles and allow her to practice on the as many times as needed for it to become instinctive? The way we are going here we will have a long enough line for most women to practice on, all 'famous names' too including Rolf Harris, now sitting in prison.
Can I suggest that you add rapists to the line up, just for a touch of realism! :smuggrin:

Transk, have you tried any of Geoff Thompson's courses? Highly recommended.

saw something that DD mentioned and the thought came to me who says that the gun did not belong to the guy standing. I know that dose not negate what your next move is if your standing but dose it change what you do if your the guy on the ground

Not really. I've seen people with far more dramatic reactions to real life strikes. And I've seen people with far less reaction. It's a reasonable demo.

If you're striking vital areas, that's fine, but he's basing follow-up attacks on those exaggerated reactions. In the first vid, the entire follow-up was based on the throat kick. His parter even gurgled for air after impact. He did it again at a few points in this vid. That's a problem, because there's no way you can predict how someone is going to react to a strike.

If you're striking vital areas, that's fine, but he's basing follow-up attacks on those exaggerated reactions. In the first vid, the entire follow-up was based on the throat kick. His parter even gurgled for air after impact. He did it again at a few points in this vid. That's a problem, because there's no way you can predict how someone is going to react to a strike.

You don't consider your throat a "vital area"? I certainly do. I also consider my testicles to be pretty damned important. So does my wife. Your mileage may vary, of course.

He has to react in some manner, and only a moron would suggest that they do a full force strike to the throat for practice. Given the reactions I've seen to strikes, his are middle of the road.
How do YOU think he should have reacted, since you're obviously convinced that these reactions are inappropriate?

You don't consider your throat a "vital area"? I certainly do. I also consider my testicles to be pretty damned important. So does my wife. Your mileage may vary, of course.

You misread my post. I have no problem with the individual strikes to the throat and the nuts. Like I said, those are vital areas, that's fine. My issue is the follow-ups based on the exaggerated reaction to the strikes.

He has to react in some manner, and only a moron would suggest that they do a full force strike to the throat for practice. Given the reactions I've seen to strikes, his are middle of the road.
How do YOU think he should have reacted, since you're obviously convinced that these reactions are inappropriate?

Maybe turn it down a notch, and not base follow-up techniques on those reactions?

I've seen more "exaggerated" responses from UFC fighters that take an accidental hit to the groin then this. I didn't see anything too terribly wrong with this.

You misread my post. I have no problem with the individual strikes to the throat and the nuts. Like I said, those are vital areas, that's fine. My issue is the follow-ups based on the exaggerated reaction to the strikes.

Maybe turn it down a notch, and not base follow-up techniques on those reactions?

And that's the best critique you can come up with? I've seen UFC fighters pump out more drama than that trying to pretend they got fouled.
You'll have to excuse me now, while I walk away chuckling and shaking my head sadly...

I've seen more "exaggerated" responses from UFC fighters that take an accidental hit to the groin then this. I didn't see anything too terribly wrong with this.

And that's the best critique you can come up with? I've seen UFC fighters pump out more drama than that trying to pretend they got fouled.
You'll have to excuse me now, while I walk away chuckling and shaking my head sadly...

That's an interesting comparison, considering that the two have nothing to do with each other....

why would you want to prolong a 'SD' fight? surely not because you were enjoying it!

ok you have a couple of tactics here. You can stall for back up. Either being your friends or the police.

you could be fighting off the back foot like k man does waiting for the attacker to enter. I have no issue with this. Seen plenty of people knocked out by guys going backwards.

you may be concerned about the legalities as you said tez and may not finish a guy once you have him controlled.

or a quick finish may result in high risk. And this seems to be my main disagreement.

finish the fight quickly seems to become fight in the picket or don't fight for position. All ko and no set up.

so here we have kick them in the head. I don't have an issue with that. My issue is kick them in the head and render them unable to fight.

and it is wrong.

you kick them if the option is there. But you plan that it does nothing. So now you are kicking and moving for a control. But the control does nothing. Which is fine because you feed him shots. If that first kick puts him out fine go home have a latté.

but you don't train for quick or easy fights.

Tim Larkin gave himself the best possible result. That is the reason his fight finished in three moves.

i hive myself the worst possible result and so my fights take longer.

This is a good point. The scenario starts "mid stream" (cue bathroom joke...), which takes a bit of the "reality" out of RBSD...
Maybe start with "what could I do to a gun-wielding attacker that would result in their ending up on hands and knees with the gun right... THERE... and then play it out.

a wizzer might get him there. Knee to head snap. But you would also be right on top of him.

got one.

reverse double leg. You sneak up behind him double leg the guy. He face plants. But then you have close some serious distance.

obviously we want him to collapse from that first kick and not move again.

but it doesn't cost you anything to assume he wont.

this is another mma thing. You knock the guy out stand up. You have won but you still follow through with other techniques in case something goes wrong.

ok doesn't always happen. Some do some don't.

you could be fighting off the back foot like k man does waiting for the attacker to enter. I have no issue with this. Seen plenty of people knocked out by guys going backwards.
Just a small point. Fighting of the back foot is different to what I am advocating. What I am doing is waiting for my attacker to commit. Once he has committed there is normally an opportunity for me to move in and take control. I'm not just moving back and picking him off as he follows.:)

Just a small point. Fighting of the back foot is different to what I am advocating. What I am doing is waiting for my attacker to commit. Once he has committed there is normally an opportunity for me to move in and take control. I'm not just moving back and picking him off as he follows.:)

which is the bit i don't like by the way. You take all the advantages of a back foot fighter and give them away to the more aggressive fighter.

but in context he chooses when to engage. So the fight is prolonged rather than you pushing the pace.

Would this work?

Tim's reactions to the strikes are pretty over the top. I hope he doesn't do that when he really trains people.

elbow to the sternum. From someone who has 20 kilos on you.

From the position he was standing she could have performed both the elbow strike and the kick to the groin even if he did not react at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back