What kind of shape are you in?

Originally posted by Jill666
Actually, I got curious, and found a site that uses body measurements by tape to culculate body fat, and came up with 15.6 % for me, which sounds more in line with what Bagatha said... also found out my waist is 26" not bad for an old chick:D

Thanks for the link. I'm also kind of curious about the woman BF content. Obviously I'm not a woman but your 15.6 sounds like it could be high. I've been tested on a regular basis in my gym. I was preparing to take my 2nd black test last july. 8 months before the test I started a powerlifting program along with cardio work. They were concerned a little about the way I lifted weights and performed my cardio. I push myself to absolute limits on everything I do. Now 3 months in advance my training was switching to more cardio and less weights. 1 month prior went to all cardio 5 days a week for 40min. a day. My BF (approx.-that's all you really can do) went down to between 7.2 -7.6. Once again that's an appoximate there's really no way to get an exact figure. I'm 5'7" as well and 154. I know I'm male but if I took off 30 pounds I'd be left with bare bones. :D Anyway you sound like your in great shape with a nice toned body. (I'm not trying to pick you up either, I have a wife - there's no way for me to try to balance 2 women:confused: ) Anyway I'm not sure what terms to use there so I picked the best that came to mind.

To put it in perspective, I beleive pro bodybuilders (Ms. Universe etc) Compete at around 8-10% BF. They have no boobs . Where as Men can go down to 3-5%

Some examples: 2002 Mr. & Ms. Olympia.

Attachments

• $mur3.jpg
    $mur3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 180

Attachments

• $colem3_gal.jpg
    $colem3_gal.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 177
Bwahaha ok that last one ended up smaller than I expected but c'mon everyone knows what Ronnie looks like.

Me at "13"% pfff :rolleyes: I was much fatter then that. I was prob closer to 18% like I said before.

Attachments

• $pict0011.jpg
    $pict0011.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 217
Well from the picture of you I seen your just fine the way your are. Looking good. As for the olympia I just wish I could go there. The newest Flex mag. has some more results of the Mr. & Ms. Olympia as well as the fitness olympia. Some of the male competitors are a little overboard. Ronnie Coleman has just awesome size but I'll never be able to achieve anything like that due to small stature.:( I'll enclose a picture of me in a little bit when I find it on my disc. That's if anyone really cares.:p

Castillo! Nothing from you either, I see you lurking around in here.
(puffing my pueny chest)

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Well from the picture of you I seen your just fine the way your are. Looking good. As for the olympia I just wish I could go there. The newest Flex mag. has some more results of the Mr. & Ms. Olympia as well as the fitness olympia. Some of the male competitors are a little overboard. Ronnie Coleman has just awesome size but I'll never be able to achieve anything like that due to small stature.:( I'll enclose a picture of me in a little bit when I find it on my disc. That's if anyone really cares.:p

Castillo! Nothing from you either, I see you lurking around in here.
(puffing my pueny chest)

As for the beautiful black bodybuilder, ROIDS!

I will repeat again, my young Jedi, join me, and I will complete your training!

:jediduel:

Here I am. I guess you really can't see me all that well but it's a picture at least.

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Here I am. I guess you really can't see me all that well but it's a picture at least.

It's Tong Po!:eek:

What :eek: :confused: :eek: :rofl:

Wait a second I don't have long hair. Actually I had to go back and mess with the pic. so it would be bigger. Now you can see how scrawny I really am.

The body fat reccommendations for women my age is <17% for an athlete, 17-22% for lean body type, I forgot the normal range but it's over 22%.

So there.:p

That's an interesting find. Thanks for the info. It still seems a little high but again, what do I know.:p

age 17

mile 30 mins

reason i like to piss off my coaches

Flexibility: okay i guess working on it

weight 178 lbs

jfarnsworth,

It's really common for men to think that it's a really high body fat percentage for women but it's totally normal. It has to do with our reproductive system and how women store fat as opposed to men etc.

Your weight is: 180 pounds
Your sex is: Male
Your Body Fat percentage is: 19
Your Lean Body Mass is: 146 pounds
Your 'Ideal' weight is: 168 pounds
Your activity factor is: 0.91
Your recommend blocks per day are: 18 (135 grams of protein)

The Bodyfat Percentage (BF%) of a 70 inch male with a 15 inch neck, and a 35 inch abdomen is 19% Recommended BF% for a man is 15%.

hmm intresting....
well thanx for the link...
i wonder how much error % is in that calculation, any guessess??
-TkdWarrior-

Originally posted by Jill666
:ladysman:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Jill, you show great tenacity! Kick ***!

Originally posted by Bagatha
Me at "13"% pfff :rolleyes: I was much fatter then that. I was prob closer to 18% like I said before.

You're a very attractive woman, with LOADS of courage!!!!!
Kudos to you for putting up your picture. After seeing yours and
jfarnsworth's .. it'll be a cold day in hell before I post mine! LOL
:D

Back