What kind of shape are you in?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jill666
Actually, I got curious, and found a site that uses body measurements by tape to culculate body fat, and came up with 15.6 % for me, which sounds more in line with what Bagatha said... also found out my waist is 26" not bad for an old chick:D

Thanks for the link. I'm also kind of curious about the woman BF content. Obviously I'm not a woman but your 15.6 sounds like it could be high. I've been tested on a regular basis in my gym. I was preparing to take my 2nd black test last july. 8 months before the test I started a powerlifting program along with cardio work. They were concerned a little about the way I lifted weights and performed my cardio. I push myself to absolute limits on everything I do. Now 3 months in advance my training was switching to more cardio and less weights. 1 month prior went to all cardio 5 days a week for 40min. a day. My BF (approx.-that's all you really can do) went down to between 7.2 -7.6. Once again that's an appoximate there's really no way to get an exact figure. I'm 5'7" as well and 154. I know I'm male but if I took off 30 pounds I'd be left with bare bones. :D Anyway you sound like your in great shape with a nice toned body. (I'm not trying to pick you up either, I have a wife - there's no way for me to try to balance 2 women:confused: ) Anyway I'm not sure what terms to use there so I picked the best that came to mind.

OP
B

Bagatha

To put it in perspective, I beleive pro bodybuilders (Ms. Universe etc) Compete at around 8-10% BF. They have no boobs . Where as Men can go down to 3-5%

OP
B

Bagatha

Some examples: 2002 Mr. & Ms. Olympia.

Attachments

• $mur3.jpg
    $mur3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 173
OP
B

Bagatha

Attachments

• $colem3_gal.jpg
    $colem3_gal.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 170
OP
B

Bagatha

Bwahaha ok that last one ended up smaller than I expected but c'mon everyone knows what Ronnie looks like.

OP
B

Bagatha

Me at "13"% pfff :rolleyes: I was much fatter then that. I was prob closer to 18% like I said before.

Attachments

• $pict0011.jpg
    $pict0011.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 210

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well from the picture of you I seen your just fine the way your are. Looking good. As for the olympia I just wish I could go there. The newest Flex mag. has some more results of the Mr. & Ms. Olympia as well as the fitness olympia. Some of the male competitors are a little overboard. Ronnie Coleman has just awesome size but I'll never be able to achieve anything like that due to small stature.:( I'll enclose a picture of me in a little bit when I find it on my disc. That's if anyone really cares.:p

Castillo! Nothing from you either, I see you lurking around in here.
(puffing my pueny chest)

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Well from the picture of you I seen your just fine the way your are. Looking good. As for the olympia I just wish I could go there. The newest Flex mag. has some more results of the Mr. & Ms. Olympia as well as the fitness olympia. Some of the male competitors are a little overboard. Ronnie Coleman has just awesome size but I'll never be able to achieve anything like that due to small stature.:( I'll enclose a picture of me in a little bit when I find it on my disc. That's if anyone really cares.:p

Castillo! Nothing from you either, I see you lurking around in here.
(puffing my pueny chest)

As for the beautiful black bodybuilder, ROIDS!

I will repeat again, my young Jedi, join me, and I will complete your training!

:jediduel:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here I am. I guess you really can't see me all that well but it's a picture at least.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Here I am. I guess you really can't see me all that well but it's a picture at least.

It's Tong Po!:eek:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What :eek: :confused: :eek: :rofl:

Wait a second I don't have long hair. Actually I had to go back and mess with the pic. so it would be bigger. Now you can see how scrawny I really am.

OP
J

Jill666

The body fat reccommendations for women my age is <17% for an athlete, 17-22% for lean body type, I forgot the normal range but it's over 22%.

So there.:p

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's an interesting find. Thanks for the info. It still seems a little high but again, what do I know.:p

OP
M

Mon Mon

age 17

mile 30 mins

reason i like to piss off my coaches

Flexibility: okay i guess working on it

weight 178 lbs

OP
Q

Quick Sand

jfarnsworth,

It's really common for men to think that it's a really high body fat percentage for women but it's totally normal. It has to do with our reproductive system and how women store fat as opposed to men etc.

OP
T

TkdWarrior

Your weight is: 180 pounds
Your sex is: Male
Your Body Fat percentage is: 19
Your Lean Body Mass is: 146 pounds
Your 'Ideal' weight is: 168 pounds
Your activity factor is: 0.91
Your recommend blocks per day are: 18 (135 grams of protein)

The Bodyfat Percentage (BF%) of a 70 inch male with a 15 inch neck, and a 35 inch abdomen is 19% Recommended BF% for a man is 15%.

hmm intresting....
well thanx for the link...
i wonder how much error % is in that calculation, any guessess??
-TkdWarrior-

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Jill666
:ladysman:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Jill, you show great tenacity! Kick ***!

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Bagatha
Me at "13"% pfff :rolleyes: I was much fatter then that. I was prob closer to 18% like I said before.

You're a very attractive woman, with LOADS of courage!!!!!
Kudos to you for putting up your picture. After seeing yours and
jfarnsworth's .. it'll be a cold day in hell before I post mine! LOL
:D